Is this weird or what!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Marion

Is this weird or what!

Post by Marion »

Just thought I would share this with you all as I am still a bit dumbfounded after arriving home. I have just returned after letting a couple into my apartment in Nice. The first thing they did was turn the air-conditioning on. I had to get something from next door and when I returned they asked me how to turn the air-conditioning down. At first I thought I had misheard them as it was already on 16oC, but no, they wanted to know how to turn it down to 12oC. I said something along the lines of '16 is already a bit low and I think that's the lowest setting'. 'Yes' they said, 'but we come from the Orkneys and we like it cold!'
I felt like asking them what they were doing in Nice in the middle of summer when it is 30 -32oC :roll:
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

At least you can hope they wont be opening the windows or doors very often :?

I would also be very worried about the electricity bill :shock:

And yes it is weird !!!!
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Marion,

You really must be more sympathetic and understanding. All they were trying to do was emulate what would be regarded as a heat wave where they came from.

Joking apart, I am well known for my fluency in words containing beeps and in those circumstances I would have been tempted to use a good supply of them.

Alan
debk

Post by debk »

"Let me try this..." I would say. "Whoops! Looks like I broke something. I'll try to get someone out to fix it as soon as possible."

And then I would pocket whatever little piece I had pulled out of the AC as surreptitiously as possible.

:shock:
Marion

Post by Marion »

I would also be very worried about the electricity bill
Yes, I'm dreading the bill. I bet they leave the a/c on while they're out although I always stress that it shouldn't be left on and can be programmed to come on before they come home.
I find myself lost for words in this sort of situation. My immediate reaction is don't upset the guests but then afterwards I think why not! My immediate thought was "would you like to pay extra for the electricity" but didn't say anything of course.

DEbk - I wish I could think as quick as that!

Marion
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Marion,

Assuming its only a 2.0 kw unit the worst case is about 25 Euros which isn't so bad for the week if its only a one off. Off course if you have multiple units or a large central system the story could be worse...
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com