Leadinglets.com?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
LittleRiverView

Leadinglets.com?

Post by LittleRiverView »

Anyone any info about leadinglets.com - received a six month trial e-mail invite this evening.

Did a whois for the domain name and further searches on the owners turned up lots of adverts for holiday homes to rent but from a quick look seemed to be as a holiday home owner and now moving into their own listing site?

Web site has very few properties right now but interface is not as offensive as others I have seen and seemed OK.

Any thoughts/info?

Regards
Garri

Post by Garri »

Web site has very few properties right now but interface is not as offensive as others I have seen and seemed OK.
Kevin, I would like to comment on this but made a promise not to bang on about web site design in another thread.

Knowing what little you know of me so far, you can probably surmise that I would have quite a lot to say about your above statement :wink:
marcus

Post by marcus »

Having seen others comments on VRBO, FrenchConnections, HolidayLets, and so on I think it is safe to say there is almost no link between whether a site looks as if it should succeed and whether it does succeed. VRBO looks terrible but many speak highly of it, HolidayLets looks v good but doesn't actually raise so many bookings etc and dont get me talking about FrenchConnections...

It is the efforts of these sites to attract customers that is more important than how the site looks, I fear (I advertise with HolidayLets because I think they must eventually succeed, not because thay have so far!) hence if LeadingLets are spending lots on marketing and improving search engine ratings (is anyone, in August?) they might succeed otherwise not.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Marcus, good points although I do think importance should be placed on how the site works for users (holiday-makers).

If the interface works great for holiday-makers then it would be fairly safe to assume that the owners' admin area would work nicely too. I've been privy to many complaints on the subject of owners' admin screens.

You could have all the marketing and visibility in the world but if the site is a pain to use, let alone to look at, then it will fail eventually.

To be fair to Leadinglets and all others, I'm not sure it's their purpose to get actual bookings but enquiries.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

[quote="marcus"]...

(I advertise with HolidayLets because I think they must eventually succeed, not because thay have so far!)

I advertise with them too because the site looks great but bona fide enquiries have been sparse,I'm hoping it picks up for them 'cos I love the site but loyalty won't last long if they generate no bookings :cry:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Garri

Post by Garri »

Their owners sign up page is misleading. It states that it's 'free of charge' but you have to scroll right down to bottom of a lengthy page to see that it's only free for 3 months!

Dunno why they can't state that in the context of their preamble.