Re launched our Chester website, what do you think?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
elroble

Re launched our Chester website, what do you think?

Post by elroble »

Hi

We have just relaunched our website for our holiday apartment in Chester, UK - please let me know what you think.

http://www.stayinchester.com

Sandra
CSE

Post by CSE »

The website is very through and I have not had much time to sit and read it all. Here are some comments to get the ball rolling.

Using Firefox the photos spread outside of the main frame. Also a long the top the PDF icon sits above the news tab. However this dose not happen when I use the I.E. tab in Firefox. Some of the interior shots look squashed. Look at the master bedroom page, second photo…what has happened to the door?
I would personally remove the Google maps location. As it shows the flat over looking a car park. This does not give the most tranquil impressions. But judging from your availability calendar that may not be a problem for other folks. Also if you still want to use the map then maybe zoom out a bit so all the location markers are visible.

The Spanish pages is a great idea.
Hopefully others will be able to comment too.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
elroble

Your comments

Post by elroble »

Thanks for the comments - very helpful to see someone elses view of the site.

We do have good bookings in the apartment but as i am sure you would agree its always important to have a good website.

Thanks again

Sandra
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

It loaded okay for me in IE and in general there is all the info I would look for in the front page. It does look quite busy though especially on the left where there are lots of small symbols etc to take in, and in my opinion the header script is not that easy to read as the Cs are not very clear. Also I would suggest a link on the front page to a gallery of photos of the property so visitors to the site can quickly see what you are offering,
interesting to consider what works as I am currently trying to put together my own site - it is hard work!
Looks like a lovely property,
Katie
elroble

Thanks

Post by elroble »

Thank you for looking at the site and for the helpful comments - we agree its hard work getting the website to look ok. We decided not to give viewers a photo gallery opting to let them look through the apartment room by room - from the feedback we get from guests they prefer it room by room.

But what suits guests visiting a city centre apartment in the UK may not suit guests looking for a different type of holiday.

Good luck with your site.
omar

Post by omar »

First impression of homepage was wow nice photos on top. I didn't see a tab for a virtual tour.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals