Holidaylets.net and holidaylettings.co.uk?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
paolo

Post by paolo »

More on ebay for marketing rentals here:
viewtopic.php?t=219
Paolo
Lay My Hat
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Linda,
Did you end up discounting a lot on e-bay? 10%? 50%? etc?
Best,
Alexia.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

There has been a prev thread on ebay. I think Divine Mrs M uses that system and had a few tips?

I sold a weekend and a week, sorry to say both the kind of folk I wouldn't usually like to attract. I think I have the Glasgow couple horror story somewhere else, they were banned out of the village pub etc. I suppose it is luck of the draw to some extent. I did discount more to advertise than anything, I did find my site hits increased dramatically, but find luckily I don't need to do that anymore.
paolo

Post by paolo »

soodyer wrote:There has been a prev thread on ebay. I think Divine Mrs M uses that system and had a few tips?
Yes, it's this one:
viewtopic.php?t=219
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Linda

Post by Linda »

In reply to Alexia

We reduced by £25 per week. It doesn't always work though, as we haven't managed to sell the first week in September on ebay! We really just wanted to get the ball rolling as it is our first year.

I have now got the official advertising up and running now. I would say that ebay is worth trying for the odd week that isn't booked.

Linda
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Well, that's nothing to complain about - £25 off is nothing. Good luck for September.
Best,
Alexia.
tansy

Post by tansy »

Well - I filled September ... special offer on holiday-rentals.com.

I picked up 1 couple with a baby
1 group of 9
1 couple for 2 weeks.

Normally the house in peak season goes for 1,700 Euros per week.

I offered a per person deal for September... 550 Euros for 1st 2 then 150 per person per week.

The couples do well - the groups end up paying virtually the same as peak rates - so all in all I am quite happy with the result as whenever I have let the house to a couple it has always been immaculate and the house somehow seems calmer - almost as if it has had a holiday!

So h-r.com has come up trumps again!
it's all a learning curve!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Linda, when I sold on ebay I put full details on the "Me" page, you can use it as a big advert really. I got lots of hits through there as I didn't put the web address in the main listing, ebay frown on it although lots of people do.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Does it make sense to special offer for October or do people this this is money down the tube.

Has anybody done this or doing this?

Thoughts?
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com