Sun Shade Sails

For anything to do with the garden and pool
lorca

Post by lorca »

The Spanish for sail is Vela - Toldos Velas are sail shades.
The toldos-primavera site mentioned above had installation instructions (in English and Spanish) so you could order one and get a local builder to install it for you.
Joy

Toldo de vela

Post by Joy »

Tnx,

But I found the company in Marbella.
Better let them do the job. They have the automatic ones as well, but that's not within my budget... :lol:

Cheers,

Fons
shamac

Post by shamac »

Does anyone know if these things make a noise??? We have one sitting in a box which we haven't used as we get a lot of wind and thought it might drive you crazy making flapping noises and the clips clanging!
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Ours has been fine but we do have the mesh style which allows air to go through it.
If you have the type without mesh then they have to be stretched tight so I don't think they touch anything else to 'clank'

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Joy

Shade Sails

Post by Joy »

The company that does my sail, says it's about the tension. If the sail is under tension it doesn't flap or make a noise... They tension it up to 200 -300 kg.... (Dutch company, they still work with the metric system :D )

They explain how to install on there website;

www.shadesailmarbella.com
velociphiles

Post by velociphiles »

There is now a French based supplier of these Shade Sails and they are aiming at the English market in France.

You can see their installation guide here:

http://www.shadesailsfrance.com/pd25-Sh ... ation.html

And they have a downloadable pdf - they recommend using screwed turnbuckle tensioners to get the right tension.

They claim to be cheaper than the UK and offer free delivery in France. I actually didn't use them in the end as they only offer standard sizes and we had an odd shape to cover.