you'd do this at home..wouldn't you?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
tansy

Post by tansy »

just thought I'd share this one with you all...

I mean it quite normal isn't it...fill the fridge so full the door won't close properly, just turn it up to full and let it ice up 4 inches thick...that's the right thing to do isn't it.

Then upstairs the shower drain pipe has come adrift - don't tell anyone - just don't use that shower - so then when the next people use it and the whole of the corridor is flooded and the carpet is ruined...that is normal isn't it.....or am I just expecting too much :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Tansy,
Judging from other postings I think the answer must be a resounding "YES". You got it in one.

Is that the sort of visitor your "coal hole" neighbours attract?

It's yet another reason why I will not join the "package holiday" approach to self catering.

Alan
enid

Post by enid »

Tansy

Sympathy sympathy - I'm still reeling from the couple who rented our gite for a month in May and broke several things and didn't tell us etc etc - I do hope that they ask to come back one day - I'll have great pleasure in saying there's no room at the inn.

But they are the exceptions I'm sure. Most guests get upset when they break the odd glass!

Last week our guests reported water coming down from the shower into the light above the kitchen sink - our jolly French plumber came toute de suite and found that we had screwed into the drainage pipes from the shower when we were putting in the light! As hubby had been a lighting engineer once upon a time that was even more embarrassing! So we all had a glass of vin rouge - guests plumber and us and everyone thanked everyone else!

Perhaps we have less problems because we are on site and it's easy for guests to tell us when there is a problem ?! But I think you have a point - it's sometimes very hard to believe that folks would do the same things in their own home! Hope you have a better time this week.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I wish people would say things are wrong when they are there, rather than leaving me to find out on changeover day or the new guests telling me something doesn't work at 7pm on Saturday when there is nothing open/no-one to call and there won't be until 9am Monday! We had a simlar thiing with the fridge, people hadn't shut the freezer door properly I turned it off and de-frosted it to clean it, switched it back on(I thought), then on Saturday evening when I was watering the geraniums, the guests casually told me their fridge wasn't working (they had been there since midday). Luckily I have 2 fridges in my kitchen, so I could lend one out before buying a new one on Monday!