Why is it so difficult?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Hells Bells

Why is it so difficult?

Post by Hells Bells »

To call someone about an enquiry! My apartment manager M had her baby this morning, a week or so early. I agreed to deal with her enquiries for a few days for her. She texts me the details, or forwards the email and I deal with it. Person is French, but spoke excellent English on the answerphone. I was all prepared, but not for the phone being answered by a small child and to be told his mother wasn't there.
:oops:.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

I guess it keeps things interesting Helen :lol:

I plucked up the courage to phone a French lady a couple of months back, had all my words planned but in the event couldn't even get past the 'can I speak to x please' God knows who I was talking to and what she was saying but at least I tried :P
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Know how you feel, Partridge. I've been trying to book huts in the Dolomites for a walking holiday in the summer.

For most huts a combination of English and German has worked, but I'm stuck with one. Can't get past "pronto" - which means "hello" in Italian on the phone. Have spent the last four weeks trying to learn some basic Italian. Am now at the stage where I can ask to book a room ... only the hut is now closed after the winter season and won't re-open till June :roll: .
Martha

Post by Martha »

Argh!
Can you book them via the Italian Alpine Club? In France you can book via the CAF when the huts are shut....
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Christine Kenyon

Good suggestion, Martha - grazie mille!! I have tried that route, but not all the huts are owned by the CAI and the CAI doesn't handle bookings, even for the huts it does own as they're all run by the regional bits of the CAI. If you see what I mean!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Christine, I can ask on my ski forum for you if you like? There's a group of ski tourers on there who may have used the huts.
Christine Kenyon

That's really helpful, Helen. I think the hut I'm trying to book should reopen at the beginning of June so I'm going to try again then. If my command of the Italian lingo (!!!!) fails, I'll take you up on your offer. In the meantime I shall continue to drink Chianti and Borolo and hope they do the trick!