Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Wingitaway
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lay My Hat Forum Index ->
Rental listing sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingitaway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Attention MG Reply with quote

Hi, if you visit the site click on "Advertise a Property" all will be become apparent and crystal clear. Smile (see all options on the site)

Chester
paolo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: For MG Reply with quote

Wingitaway wrote:
I do indeed have 15 years direct experience in this game.

MG was asking about the 15%, which is high for a non-management commission, not 15 years.

Wingitaway wrote:
I also have looked through this forum and site in detail and see that the biggest problem facing renters is getting value for moeny.

Where on earth do you get this from in the forum? There are only owners posting here.

In an email to me you wrote: "we are a cash rich business right now and will attain number one status by end of November by simply buying our way to the top of the search engines."

What does that mean?

You feature on a website called Ripoff Report, here's the link: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/396/RipOff0396142.htm
It says you commissioned a clone of the site myperfectvilla.com. And sure enough, your site is a clone of myperfectvilla.com. Is this how a trustworthy company operates?

Last edited by paolo on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wingitaway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Oh Dear Reply with quote

Well, all will become apparent in November. I must be dealing with complete morons here.
Thomas BC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deja vu
Wingitaway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Last Post Reply with quote

Code and script of all sites is not a unique factor. Wingitaway is bespoke code. Before issuing statements of dishonesty I strogly recommend reading the rip off report fully.
Mountain Goat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Commander

I've been to that link, and seen this phrase:

we manage your bookings on a commission basis of just 15% per booking, per week based on the rental price.

and I was asking what you mean.

What is management?
15% of which bookings?
15% of what per week? Is that different from 15% per month?
VAT included?

Do we get to handle our own enquiries or are you taking our enquiries and handling them yourselves?

What happens with credit card commission?

When do you pay the owner?

What happens with cancellations? Your terms or ours?

Painful, I realise, but until an owner has this information the 'agency' relationship between you and owner is not clear.

And you might ask your web designers to run the site through a spell check, but be careful, they can get stroppy.

I must be dealing with complete morons here
Tip: go back to page 1 of Winning friends and influencing people and have another read.

MG
paolo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Post Reply with quote

Wingitaway wrote:
Before issuing statements of dishonesty I strogly recommend reading the rip off report fully.

Before issuing statements of moronicity I strongly recommend reading the post fully.

Last edited by paolo on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mountain Goat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you stick Wingitaway into Google, this thread comes higher than anything directly published by the site itself, which gives food for thought on the power of SEO.

Now things have calmed down, I sincerely urge their CEO to return and answer the genuine questions asked above. We're all interested in innovative sites, and deals available, and it seems an ideal opportunity to hear what they're offering, which is not available from their publicity.

With support from LMH owners, a clarification of the commission deal, and if they could take on board constructive feedback, this site could work well.

MG
Thomas BC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountain Goat wrote:
this site could work well.

That is what I thought when I had a look at the site after getting an email from the CEO, which is why I responded, and even gave him my number. I am not sure the wherewithal for the complete sentence I harvested the quote from exists though ... pity.
Windy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people who obviously see themselves as business experts get it SOOOO terribly wrong when dealing with potential customers? Laughing Still it makes for an amusing start to Sunday morning.

Chester - you REALY nedd to enploy somone hoo can SPILL to sort out your web site.

Presumably the cost of getting anywhere outside the Dordogne has to incorporate all those speeding fines too ? Smile

http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Tonight/Ep47HolidayDrivingHellWk2908/default.html

The site isn't bad except for the typos but your PR on here is truly AWFUL!
Thomas BC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy wrote:

Chester - Presumably the cost of getting anywhere outside the Dordogne has to incorporate all those speeding fines too ? Smile

http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Tonight/Ep47HolidayDrivingHellWk2908/default.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing That will explain why I was quoted 1500
The Stig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Wingitaway Reply with quote

Any more news on Wingitaway and our friend Chester Duncalf-Massey? Have they taken over the world yet? Evil or Very Mad
Lisac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Sometimes I scratch my head Reply with quote

People,

Without wanting to sound too condescending, I sometimes think that this site is dominated by bullies. That is not to say I agree with what Chester has done or said and I won't be joining his site (It will certainly be more than 75 for my property...it's in Goa!) but I have seen on many posts a definite air of hostility.

Please be more polite!! It puts people off posting.
The Stig

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Being polite Reply with quote

Hostility breeds hostility, don't you think? I guess you've had no personal dealings with the "gentleman" concerned........ Twisted Evil
Mountain Goat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be dealing with complete morons here - Wing Commander

Please be more polite!! It puts people off posting.

Couldn't agree more.

MG
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lay My Hat Forum Index ->
Rental listing sites