Owners who don't respond to enquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

Owners who don't respond to enquiries

Post by harcourtv57 »

So frustrating! We are trying to book a last minute holiday at the end of June beginning of July - v rare for us to get away at this time of year, but we have a period of 10 days when we don't need to do changeovers. :D

So have been trawling HL, OD etc for late availability. Having sent off about half a dozen enquiries, have had only one reply :o As someone who checks their e-mail enquiries at least once a day, usually more, I find this very surprising esp from owners who are trying to shift late availability
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I think all of us who have tried to book property for ourselves have had the same problem.

Mind you, RentintheSun recently asked me to pay for what had been free listing until now, adding that if I didn't the advert would still be live and enquiries could still be made, but we would not receive them! I pointed how bad it would be for their reputation as well as ours if potential guests could make enquiries but would not receive replies.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

What was their response Margaret?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Happened to me on several occasions, out of 10 emails to Uk cottages on various sites, I go one reply (sorry, we're booked). ON another occasion, I ended up booking a hotel in France, as none of the B&B owners replied.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Harcourt Have you checked Garris Holiday Crunch site quite a few last minute offers there

http://holidaycrunch.com
enid

Post by enid »

It's not that the properties are hard to find Ros -it's the lack of response when you contact them that's so annoying - whenever I try to book my own self catering holiday I realise that we aren't doing a bad job at all!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I agree Enid, I do think the fact we respond quickly is a great asset to people enquiring,and to us of course....
The fact others dont make us stand out I think.
The amount of 'thanks for your prompt reply' remarks I get, makes me realise that others arent doing this.

Re the link to 'Holiday Crunch'.
I think the owners that have bothered to post 'late deals' on there [ie the likes of me :wink: ] and quite a few other LmHatters, are the ones that are bound to answer quickly surely.

Good luck with your search Harcourt, hope you find somewhere suitable soon :)
enid

Post by enid »

Yes Holiday Crunch is a goo didea (memo to self do a Holiday Crunch post) but I have had poor responses from good sources.

It really does show you what is important to clients searching for a holiday when it's you doing the searching. I was undecided about having an availability calendar for instance util I searched for a cottage on the Isle of Man and every contact I made which showed availabilty hadn't updated their calendar -a frustrating waste of time.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I was undecided about having an availability calendar for instance util I searched for a cottage on the Isle of Man and every contact I made which showed availabilty hadn't updated their calendar -a frustrating waste of time.
Ah yes.........availability calenders......well as you know I dont show availabilty calenders generally[sowwy]
but have on my own website as a favour to Windy [bless him].......but Im not sure its up to date...my bad :( :oops:
enid

Post by enid »

Well it depends how many enquiries you get for weeks already booked - those enquirers may be frustrated. My most recent holiday cottage search was blighted by adverts with no internal shots.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Thanks Big Sis, never heard of that one and will certainly check it out - but pleased to report that we have now booked a holiday :D 8) And funnily enough the same place we went to last year in Mallorca, who was previously fully booked - I happened to check her availability calendar just to see how her bookings were going and lo and behold free weeks in July! She had been a victim of cancellations like the rest of us and was looking to shift those weeks at a big discount - satisfaction all round :D

But couldn't agree more that we are obviously doing a very superior job responding to our enquirers!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Have a great trip Harcourt.

We have just come back from a week in Mallorca - wonderful holiday with excellent weather.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I have just joined Twitter. And tried to do an offer on Holiday Crunch. No idea if I have done it right - the whole thing is a complete mystery to me :oops:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Its easy Pepsi you just add @holidaycrunch to any offer you put on there.
Pm me if youd like any help..........it is a bit daunting to begin with...and let me know your Twitter account and I will 'follow' you.

Theres loads of LMhatters on there youll be among friends
:)

Take Carex
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Holidaycrunch appeared to be undergoing maintenance this evening, but I thought it was doing that sometime last week as well. ? Is there a problem?