Does this hold the record for the longest running enquiry?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

Does this hold the record for the longest running enquiry?

Post by harcourtv57 »

4th Jan we received an enquiry for August BH for our 3 bed house for 4 adults and 3 children attending a family birthday party. However, it sleeps 5 max, so I explain this and offer one of our other properties in addition.

In late Jan they ask about booking both properties, sent details again - no response.

20th Feb she enquired again - again sent details

26th Feb she sends same enquiry - but from another listing site! - I respond again and finally get response 4th March to say no thanks they have changed their plans.

6th March comes back saying yes they do want both properties please after all so I give another quote

Same day comes back saying there is now only 5 of them and they have been quoted £70 per night for the whole party by holiday Inn so can we match that please (for August BH, err no)

18th March - they would like to book the house please but there is now 8 of them (new baby) but they will be bringing blow up beds for the kids (teenagers). :shock: Explain again, no sorry max we can accommodate is 5

21st May - there is now only five of them again but she would like to book our one bedroom apartment please - no sorry too many guests. Same day another enquiry from her husband about the house - send details again no response:x

Today I receive an e-mail from her husband - is the house still free, they have booked another property but are very worried as they have received no communication from the owner so would like to book ours as 'back up' and can we match the other price which is considerably lower :!: Later this pm another e-mail enquiry from her, from yet another listing site :evil:

Unfortunately my good manners prevents me from ignoring these enquiries but my patience is extremely thin!
goosie

Post by goosie »

made me and dh chuckle though! I think that you should just say it is booked - we had one like that, not over six months mind, but lots of questions, changing numbers etc. after a while, you just get a feeling about them and think it is not worth the hassle....
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

agreed!!

sometimes you JUST know!
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

had a 'multi question' enquiry recently, we cut it to the quick when they said they would travel overnight ( so the baby would sleep....huh)!!....and arrive at 8 am .....we then said we would have to charge them an extra night as we wouldn't be able to rent the room the previous night in that case....the enquiry ended there!!! no surprise there!!??
chef who will try anything!!
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

I have now actually received another enquiry for that same weekend, so am praying that they book so that I can genuinely go back and say - 'sorry its booked' :)
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We had one like that - they booked then wanted to arrive at 7.30 am as they had a very early flight into Heathrow - they were outraged when we said we would have to charge an extra night . . .
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

i know harcourt.....us owners can be so TOUGH when we have to!!!??? in the context of the number of happy guests we've had in 4 years of business we put it down to lifes experience.
chef who will try anything!!