Updated site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
leemcg

Updated site

Post by leemcg »

Hi - I have updated my website this year (although I am still gradually adding more photos to the layout area).

I think I've incorporated most of the excellent comments I got here: viewtopic.php?t=6818

More comments appreciated:

http://www.pearlcottage.co.uk

Regards
Lee
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hi Lee

I like the floorplan with pics , but whilst they work when you hover, if you click on then they 404 as they all seem t be trying to refer to Picture69

It looks like you have this code repeated each time

<a href="Picture69" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());">

Maybe that ref to picture 69 should be to the image itself - e.g index_htm_files/102.png?

<a href="index_htm_files/102.png" target="_self" onclick="return(xr_nn());">

Did you have to hand code all that or is there some software that does it for you?

Hope this helps
leemcg

Post by leemcg »

Thanks for noticing that! Funny how can miss something - I just haven't ever clicked an arrow because I _know_ that they don't do anything!

I just need to select all those arrows and unset the onclick functionality.

I use a program called Xara Web Designer: http://www.xara.com/uk/products/webdesigner/ which is a truly amazing wysiwyg web design programme. Really isn't like anything else I've ever used.

Lee
lorca

Post by lorca »

Your house looks wonderful - if you could just get the sun to shine it would look perfect!
omar

Post by omar »

Hola Lee

You have a nice site. I know you have a beautiful gallery, but I didnt find the popular virtual tour or video tour. My gf liked your kitchen.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals
leemcg

Post by leemcg »

but I didnt find the popular virtual tour or video tour.
I guess I was trying to do the tour via still photographs, on the layout page. That way I can add things as I go along (still more to do) and improve them as I get better photos.
If you could just get the sun to shine it would look perfect!
The problem, of course, is that we hardly ever go there in the peak summer, so I tend to take my photos in May!

The Round-the-Island yacht race is on the 20th June, and that would be the perfect time to take photos of the sea because it's literally filled with boats (and hopefully sunny). Luckily, it'll be my sister staying that weekend so she might be able to get me some nice photos.

Thanks for the comments.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Lee, love the site. I am planning a revamp of my own soon, I'll take a look at the software you suggested.