New website, any recommendations thanks!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
omar

New website, any recommendations thanks!

Post by omar »

Hola!

I have been working hard on my new site. If you have any recommendations please message me or reply here. I placed my new site for review on a different location of this forum, but didn't get much response. I plan on posting a video tour/virtual tour tag on the home page vs the about orlando tag.

Gracias!

www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Omar~
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

omar,

Could you clarify: are all the properties on your site actually yours, or are you building a listing site for all Orlando VRs?

I seem to remember that you had music on your previous site, and this doesn't -- which is already an improvement! :)
Brooke
omar

Post by omar »

:lol: Hola vrooje

Yea after I saw that comment you left I asked my webmaster about it. He told me that it drives him crazy when he goes to a website and a voice starts telling him a message without him having an option. So I went with it and just agreed to your suggestion.

I own one of them, my mom owns 2. I don't plan to have other owners join, but I don't know how popular my small site will get. If that ever happens then I will create another site.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

You have a good section on visitor attractions. The lanai on one photo looked very bare, perhaps a table set for breakfast to make it more lived in? Is that a "for sale" sign in front of one house? It may not be but better to remove it in case people think it is a for sale sign!!
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
paolo

Post by paolo »

The first main photo was a bit blurry. After that I had a phone call. Did you had a guest book?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
omar

Post by omar »

paolo wrote:The first main photo was a bit blurry. After that I had a phone call. Did you had a guest book?

:lol: Hola Paolo

Which photo was blurry? You are right about my guestbook section, its hidden guests need to click on each of the home to be able to see the guestbook link. I will be changing that. I am planning to have a guest book and a video tour link in the home page. Thanks!

Omar

paolo

Post by paolo »

Sorry I was pulling your leg, the above is one of the dozen or so one-line reviews you left today to get people to review your own site. They read like they are computer-generated, I think you will have to spend a bit more time on them if you want people to reciprocate.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
omar

Post by omar »

paolo wrote:Sorry I was pulling your leg, the above is one of the dozen or so one-line reviews you left today to get people to review your own site. They read like they are computer-generated, I think you will have to spend a bit more time on them if you want people to reciprocate.
Yea I had a feeling you were pulling my leg :lol: I did go in to their web pages and commented on photos views etc. I know one had a flash tour and it was neat. I will wait until more people review on their site. I was the only one there reviewing :D

Oh yea should I remove the "for rent" sign that I placed on one of my homes? Maybe just pool or executive like the other 2. Oh by the way I am placing the guestbook and virual tour in the home page so check later today if you can.

Omar

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Omar, many of the threads you replied to had been reviewed a long time ago, which is why they had no recent activity.
omar

Post by omar »

HelenB wrote:Omar, many of the threads you replied to had been reviewed a long time ago, which is why they had no recent activity.
Good morning Helen

Yea I know. I am still new to the forum, I think a pretty cool site to network with other owners. I hope everyone has a good day!

Omar

la vache!

Post by la vache! »

When I first look at your site, it isn't really clear what you are advertising, but it looks like a Florida theme park is the central sales pitch and the vacation rentals are ad ons. It then looks like a listing site and not like a personal owner website. If this is what you want to achieve then it works wonders, but the messages are a bit mixed to me. I'm British though, and a bit reserved, I don't like colour much, or Parks generally, so I'm a bit biased and probably not your usual customer.
Everything seems to me to be more about Orlando than your properties.
joeleitz

Post by joeleitz »

I think as design elements go in your site that the bright blue background and the bamboo border don't really go together. I think if you like the bamboo that you should maybe use a green background and if you prefer the blue background then you should lose the bamboo border. That's just my impression of the design though. The content seems good.
CatGirl

Post by CatGirl »

Hi Omar

There has obviously been a fair amount of work done to create the site - however, there are a couple of things that concern me. Please bear in mind that I am staid English, so often don't appreciate American style advertising.

Like another reviewer, I though this was a site for the Orlando theme parks and not one for property.

The stripes on the photos smack of hard sell and "real estate" agents. As a renter, I would want to feel that I would get a personal service and not just be one of the crowd which is how it currently makes me feel.

I really don't like all the ads on the home page. I find them a distraction and however nice I thought the properties I would probably go and look elsewhere.

You say "Garcia Vacation Rentals offers 3 different homes to choose from" but there are 4 pics to the left. Also you site map only shows 3 properties.

Like others, I suggest that you loose the bamboo it really doesn't go with the blue. Fonts are a tad small for me - especially on the left with the house pictures. There is a lot of wasted space around the pages (the blue) - keep it as a border but make it a bit smaller so you could increase the font size.

Difficult to find your prices - links are right at the bottom and very unclear and you have to click out to another site. It would be much more useful to show them with each rental home. Renters want to know this fairy early on.

Your 1st paragraph in your T&Cs seems very strange to me. You talk about 8 weeks cancellation and good families. But what are you going to charge me if I have to cancel late? I also can't find anywhere that tells me what the deposit is and when final balance has to be paid. Very frustrating

Is there any way that you can show more than current month availability. I found it a real pain to have to click forward 6 times to get to September.

When I click on VACATION RENTALS in the menu bar I just get a blank page at orlandovacationrentals411.com/vacation-rentals.html

Hope this helps
Sometimes I sits and I thinks but sometimes I just sits

www.roda-golf.co.uk