Previous Guests Returning

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Fifi

Previous Guests Returning

Post by Fifi »

I had two great couples (both French) in each gite over the Ascension weekend. They both said it was 'impeccable", and "agreable", and I am "tres sympa" - it was lovely - made me feel all warm and cuddly! This is my first year doing this - I must need my bumps feeling.

Anyway, they both said they were very interested in coming back with various grandchildren etc over the summer. (We have a large enclosed terrain with swings etc so it is ideal.)

They've had a couple of weeks now, and I could really do with some bums in beds, so I was going to mail them (individually, remembering to ask after the dog's lump on its neck/Madame's cataract operation) and gently remind them of my existence.

Would it be a good idea to offer a small discount as a carrot, or some kind of goody basket? Or would that be over-egging the pudding?

Quoi faire?

Fifi
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Not sure - a lot of people say that they will come back and some definitely do, but not all. I think a follow up email would be nice. You could say that you've had some enquiries from other people who want to book but wanted to check whether they were still interested as before accepting other bookings. The French do tend to book very late compared to British people. I've only just started getting enquiries from French people but my gites have been fully booked in August for ages by other nationalities who have to book ferries as well.