Opinions on my site...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
akbukholidays

Opinions on my site...

Post by akbukholidays »

Would really appreciate constructive feedback about my website, www.akbukholidays.com
www.akbukholidays.com - Dream holidays on Turkey's Aegean coast.
www.apartmentsturkey.org - Advertise your holiday home in Turkey for free!
Windy

Post by Windy »

Nice clean looking site that ticks most of the right boxes for me. Your place looks nice and you present it well.

The only thing I notices immediately was that there is no availability when you click on that link - just a blank page.

I think the consensus here is that that it's a GOOD THING to have one up to date, but someone will no doubt be here soon to tell me otherwise :-)
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi,

I like the website generally - the photos are crisp and clear and I know from your text where you are and what you're offering, which is the main thing!

A couple of things on the home page:

two-bedroom self-catering - both shd be hyphenated.

I don't really like the long phrase in the links - it looks cluttered. If you reduced the link for, eg self catering holiday apartment to just the word apartment, it would look better. Ditto for the next two. And I would use the word availability or similar for your availability link - the current link doesn't make it obvious that's what it is.

Best of luck!
Lounging on the lily pad...
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

Many thanks for the feedback. One thing that concerns me is your inability to see the availability page! I have no problems seeing it on my pc using two different browsers.

I would be very grateful to anyone else who could have a quick look at this page and let me know if it's blank!

http://www.akbukholidays.com/availabilitycalendar.htm

Many thanks once again[/url]
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Looks OK to me.

Are grey days in the past? There's no key symbol for grey. Also the Sterling symbol has a preceding A with a thing on top. (IE7 at this end).

MG
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

The availability page is there and up to date, for me. Also via several links.
Lounging on the lily pad...
Windy

Post by Windy »

Solved - it was being blocked by my Firefox AD Block Plus add-in

First time I've ever seen an availability page screened out this way!
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

I've informed RentalSystems about the AD Block issue, I'm not sure there's much they'll be able to do about this, but now that I'm aware of it I can always put a message on the page to let people know why they may not be able to see it.

Yes the grey days are in the past.

Thanks a lot for the help!
omar

Post by omar »

I think you have a very nice site, I love the photo of the boat on the water. I also checked out the useful links/info tab and it was a great idea to put flight info -I was planning on booking a flight.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals
Gite Guru

I love it

Post by Gite Guru »

I love the site, it's one of the best I've seen posted on here. great use of photography, light, clean & crisp and you're obviously making some efforts in terms of SEO.

good luck with it!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Your site looks very nice, but I'd ditch the Babelfish translator, it is rubbish. If you can't get your site translated properly then I'd use Google translate instead, at least it makes sense sometimes.
Windy

Post by Windy »

I'd ditch the Babelfish translator, it is rubbish. If you can't get your site translated properly then I'd use Google translate instead, at least it makes sense sometimes.

Yup - I'd second that one
HenryG

Post by HenryG »

I don't get the ice-white text behind a pure white background right at the top, at the beginning.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Obviously going for the "hidden text" Google penalty :-)
leemcg

Post by leemcg »

I'd like to echo the comments here. Very clean, well designed website. Lovely photos.

Comments are small, but I sense you are striving for perfection:

(I'm using Firefox)

On the availability calendar, (someone has mentioned this already) where the live price floats, there is another symbol before the £. I get this £ (GBP).

Also the availability calendar doesn't seem to fit it its frame, even though my main browser window would be big enough. This means I get a left hand scroll bar, even though there is a gap at the bottom of the screen.

I would always expect a click on the heading (particularly if it has a URL in it) to take you to the home page - and I've realised that I don't do that on my site!

Personally, I don't like the way that the heading changes so much on every page. That's not to say that each has to be identical, but so much changes on yours - size, photos, design, and then two of the pages are identical, that it lacks some cohesion.

Not clear why there are repeated links at the bottom of the pages as at the top.

Not all links are at the top menu. There seems to be no way to get straight to the gallery except to go to the Home area first.

I did get a little lost in a couple of other areas. Particularly looking at "things to do". The first time I saw this and clicked it took me to a small sub-paragraph, where I had to click more at the bottom to get to the real "things to do" area. Quite confusing and it took me some time to find my way back.

In general, I wasn't sure that I'd been to all of the pages on your site.

I hope that is useful.

Regards

Lee