Opinions on my site...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

leemcg wrote:Also the availability calendar doesn't seem to fit it its frame, even though my main browser window would be big enough. This means I get a left hand scroll bar, even though there is a gap at the bottom of the screen.
Interestingly enough, this is easy to fix, but it means editing this bit of code that you copy/pasted from RentalSystems, and "breaking" their terms - but I cannot imagine that they would object - and it will not stop the code functioning correctly !
<!--it is part of the terms of use that you do not delete this code or edit it in any way. If you do the code will not function correctly--><table width="700" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center"><tr><td><iframe frameborder="0" id="calendar" name="calendar" src="http://www.rentalsystems.com/advert_pri ... m=ownerweb" align="middle" width="750" height="550"></iframe></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><a href="http://www.rentalsystems.com" target="_blank"><font size="-2" color="FF66OO" >&copy;Powered by Rentalsystems.com Property management</font></a> </td></tr></table>

</div>

<!--
<p align=center><font face="Century Gothic" size=3><a href="javascript:window.close()">Close</a></font></p>
-->
If you increase that number highlighted in red to something like 600 then the scroll bars shoudl vanish. You may have to iterate a bit with the actual number.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

WOW! Thanks for all the suggestions, I agree with much of the advice and have addressed a number of the issues. A great help!
The only issue I couldn't replicate was the 'things to do' problem, can anyone else replicate this?
Thanks once gain!
www.akbukholidays.com - Dream holidays on Turkey's Aegean coast.
www.apartmentsturkey.org - Advertise your holiday home in Turkey for free!
leemcg

Post by leemcg »

The only issue I couldn't replicate was the 'things to do' problem.
My fault for not being clear.

I think in general I meant that the navigation wasn't entirely clear, you couldn't always get to where you want to be from any page, and I got the distinct impression sometimes that there was a particular route.

On the "things to go", specifically.

First time I found this through the "About Akbuk" tab, on each page. Then at the bottom of the three paragraphs there are five options: "Things to do", "Getting around"... etc.

Clicking "Things to do", takes you to a sub paragraph (I now notice on the same page), and then you'd need to click "Find out more" to get to what I'd call the real things to do page.

When I went back, I found a link "Things to do" on the home page. But those two (very different) routes seemed to be the only way in. I got the impression that if I didn't go to the right pages I might not see everything.

Hope that's clearer.

Regards

Lee