'Special deals' when's best to advertise?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mouse

'Special deals' when's best to advertise?

Post by Mouse »

I've still got 2 cancelled weeks to sell. 1 in August and 1 in September.

I've got a note on the rental websites at the moment advertising the spare weeks but I wondered when have you found the best time is to advertise a 'special' deal - 8 wks before, 2 weeks before?

btw - I've just come to the end of a HL Spotlight advert and although the viewings are up I've not had 1 enquiry even though I'm offering these 2 weeks at a slight discount. I think it proves to me it's not worth renewing.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've had at least 10 enquiries in the 24 hours for August, mostly with OD. Do you advertise on there, Mousie? I'd put them on now, rather than leave it until too close to the available period. Especially as most people will need to book flights to travel.
HL spotlight was a waste of time for me too :(
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

thanks for that LV...I've set up a 'special offer' on OD; £10 for 2 wks so I hope I catch an enquiry or two.

I know you're booked up in the peak season now - but good news that people are looking at yours for August :lol:

Wonder if the increased euro/£ rate has caused a spurt?

Mousie
x
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mouse wrote: I know you're booked up in the peak season now - but good news that people are looking at yours for August :lol:
I don't update the availability calendar on OD, that has probably got a lot to do with it!
Mouse wrote: Wonder if the increased euro/£ rate has caused a spurt?
Possibly, although I get these last minute enquiries every year. I'm not sure that the increase in value of the £ has been heavily publicised in the general UK media, I only know because I check it every day, saddo that I am.
goosie

Post by goosie »

has anyone tried hl or h-r late deals with success? We have two weeks at the start of July that I'd like to go and time is most definitely running out!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Regarding HR...a friend of mine who advertises on there seems to be able to get away with changing her heading to include a special deal!

Maybe they're so large they can't check every alteration?

I tried putting a 'special' on my OD banner but everytime I did they removed it :lol:

Mouse
x
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I have repeatedly tried special offers on various listings sites (obviously I never learn) and they have never produced a single enquiry. So now I don't bother. But we have a standard last minute rate on our website for bookings within 1 month of arrival. I am not sure if they really produce additional bookings - I mean, I don't know if last minute people would have booked anyway, but I think there are so many special prices and offers in the market this year than it does help.