Has Anyone Used.....

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Stu

Has Anyone Used.....

Post by Stu »

....www.thevillafinder.com?

We've just been approached by the sales team at the above to enquire if we're interested in advertising our gites with them. They're offering quite a good start-up deal, with inclusion in the magazine 'Exclusive Holidays Magazine', and an ad with link to my own website for quite a small sum really. I'd not heard of them, so I wondered if any of you more seasoned folk out there had, and what your views (if any) were?

Cheers in advance.

Stu.
paolo

Post by paolo »

There were some views expressed on this outfit here:

viewtopic.php?t=719
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Stu

Post by Stu »

Paolo,

cheers for that! Please excuse my laziness in not having used the search facility for it! I'm just far too stressed at the 'mo...

Thanks again, I think we'll give it a miss too!
tansy

Post by tansy »

whay are you stressed? You're not having problems are you?
enid

Post by enid »

I guess they are stressed as moving day is fast approaching!?
tansy

Post by tansy »

ahhhhh...stress city then!

I'll never forget our move to France - booked on the fast ferry with 2 dogs & 3 cats - we would have get to the house with the keys before the furniture lorries....then P&O cancelled the ferry just after we had waved the lorries off! - we had to drive like the clappers through the night via the tunnel to catch the lorries (we had the keys), lorries that were sent to pack us up too small - the girl in the office had transposed the cubic meter figure - no other lorries available - the removal company wanted to comein 2 weeks time with what didn't fit in!!

Slightly stressful - but everything came good and everything arrived in France within 24 hours..we haven't looked back!

So good luck with the move...and welcome to your new home!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

A couple more came in by e-mail yesterday, trying to sell their sites.

apartmentsdirect.ie

flapjackholidays.co.uk

Any experiences?

Alan
Stu

Post by Stu »

Thanks for the good wishes Tansy et al. I must say that as stressed as we are, we just can't wait to get started. There've been a few hiccups along the way. The latest one being that our Agent called me yesterday in a flap because the bank in France require my signature asap before they'll release the funds to the notaire! We have the removal men in on Tues/Weds, and guess where I'm going to be? Nightmare, but no way round it if we want the signing to go ahead on Friday morning! So, poor old Syb & the kids get to load all our goods n chattels into the lorry, while I'll be on a plane coming back to Blighty!

I just hope it'll have been worth it in a year's time!

Alan, not heard of those sites either. It must be the new black, this setting up a lettings website lark....
paolo

Post by paolo »

Stu & Syb wrote:It must be the new black, this setting up a lettings website lark....
Ubi mel, ibi apes: where there is honey, there are bees...
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ubi mel, ibi apes: where there is honey, there are bees...
In modern parlance is that "where there is money, there are would be's"?
paolo

Post by paolo »

Touché!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

This is a new one on me. Has anyone else come across it?

http://www.venere.com

Alan
Garri

Post by Garri »

Alan, they've been around a while. We used them last year when we booked a hotel in Bilbao - very good one, slap bang opposite the Guggie with Jeff Koons' flower dog staring us in the face! A Silken hotel.

I found the site/service very efficient and it looks like they've redesigned their site - for the better (imho).
janskov

Post by janskov »

I have used Venere.com for 2 years without a single booking - maybe due to my location and maybe because they seem to be mainly optimised for hotels.
They have an impressive administrative support – that is complicated and was useless to me.
Once your data and pictures are in you can not change anything yourself.
I have given up on them.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

A little while ago I posted a question about an Irish site which sends me a sales/spam e-mail from time to time. I don't remember any replies.

Going back to my original posting I find the web address of the site has been deleted. Does anyone have any experience with Apartments Direct?

On another thread someone this morning posted a question about booking software. Co-incidentally, Apartments Direct include booking software in their offer so these things must exist.

Alan