Schede Notificazione & Carabinieri

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Tizfata

Schede Notificazione & Carabinieri

Post by Tizfata »

Hi everyone!
Everybody is aware that we must bring the "schede di notificazione" to the Carabinieri or to the Police.
What I have always done for guests arriving on Saturdays & Sundays is to bring them to our local carabinieri office on Monday.
This afternoon my mother goes there and the Carabiniere tells her that they are open on Sundays, too, to receive them as there are huge fines if we do not bring them the day after :shock:
I was shocked.
In the past:
Punters arrive on Friday :arrow: Carabinieri on Saturday morning
Punters arrive on Saturday or Sunday :arrow: Carabinieri on Monday.
In the future:
I might go to Carabinieri every single day of the week :(
When do you bring the schede to Carabinieri/Police? I genuinely thought they were not open to the public on Saturday afternoons and Sundays!
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

oh NO!! How rotten of them! (I too didn't think they were open Sun.!)

I'm not onsite, so my housekeeper is in charge of all that so I really don't know...but...don't all guests in Italy have a specific number of days they must be registered by? Could there be some away to apply that to the rental as well maybe? I think, for instance, if I were to go to Italy and stay with a friend or relative,as opposed to a hotel, etc., I would have 8 (?) days in which to report to the questura? (I know -different rule probably apply :-( ) I'd go speak with someone else though - I don't think our office ever takes schede di notificazione on Sundays.

Let me know how it turns out!
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi Musetta!
Yes, different rules apply for those staying with friends or relatives (even if I doubt everyone is aware of that).
After speaking with someone else, it turned out that what the Carabiniere said is true.
Let's say that the date written on the schede di notificazione should be always the previous day date when you bring them to the Carabinieri :wink:
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

thanks - good to know ;-)
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Surely, these rules apply to residents of non EU countries.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi Camel!
I can't see where you are writing from, but we have to take document details of every guest staying, regardless where they are from. Let's say that my Italian neighbours are refurbishig home and stay at my holiday home. I have to ask for their docs, too! :oops:
Common though is that we have this kind of documentation mania because of the terrorism of the '70... :cry:
But I am too young to remember :D
camel

subject

Post by camel »

I am writing from London. I have never heard this requirement. Is it only applicable in Tuscany ???
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi Camel!
No, that is a national law. Practically I think it is because Police could be able to know where you have stayed just in case you get in/cause trouble.
Those who don't ask for your Ids in Italy will simply not register yous staying, to avoid to pay taxes. That is plain illegal.
And this is the reason why I get shocked everytime I stay abroad and nobody is curious to know where I was born, where I live or ask me a doc!
camel

subject

Post by camel »

If one is not running a bed & breakfast and renting the whole house. How does one comply with the law ???

The following comes to mind

a ) Is the owner of the property is to take a guest to the Carabiniere office ?

b) What if the guest refused to go/accompany ?

c) What are the other ramifications i.e, the connection with tax authorities etc ???

Any, practical advise will be appreciated !!!!
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi Camel!
Apparently you should notify Carabinieri (or Police, I go to Carabinierei as there is their office where I live) even if your relatives from Italy and/or abroad stay at your home.
Let's say you rent the whole house for a living. It's not the owner, but the person/company that manages the rental business (we are an s.r.l.) that has to collect the data from the guests. What we do as guests arive is to explain that the law requires to have their data. Then I will have them sign the scheda di notificazione and write their home address. I rented a copy machine, so I will take their passports/IDs to make a copy. Later I will fill the scheda with all the informations from the copies.
Then you have 1 day to take the form to the Carabinieri (it is the forms that you have to take to tha Carabinieri, not the persons). Should the guest refuse to give out his/her data... That is a problem! Any Italian adult has an ID and every foreigner has a valid document to be here, so... If, even after a long explanation he/she is not convinced of giving out his/her data... I think the manager have to go to the Carabinieri notifying them the whole thing, otherwise, then it would be the manager's fault!
Obviously, all the guests have to be listed in the schede di notificazione (and registro delle presenze), then every scheda di notificazione has to correspond to an invoice and to a payment.
As far as I know, that is how it works in Italy...
PS: there is also the possibility of sending out the data via internet. I don't do that as I still prefere to have the papers signed and stamped by a carabiniere.
casagentili

Post by casagentili »

It may help to know that notification to local authority can be done on line.

You just need to make your request to the Polizia and get your own user ID and Password.

Than by the day after the guest arrival, sign in and fill out required fields, thats all :)
Marco
passionate with historical gardens
casagentili.com
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

He he he he he he.... Simple? Speedy? In Sicily? Thats the stuff of dreams here!

I've spent days with the local Carabinieri driving round the various stations trying to find the correct form to fill in in. Then it has to be done in triplicate, but they are not allowed to let you use their photocopier etc etc. Off the record they told us not to bother in the end - so as well as keeping a list of guest names and ages, we just let them know when we have guests verbally and keep a note of who we spoke to and when.

Casagentili, if you have any sort of link to a page that sets out this process plese let me have it so that the Council & Police/Carabinieri in Trapani will know what I'm talking about.

DC
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

casagentili, no WAY? really?? that would be great!
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Tizfata, re: family and friends - Apparently, not any more...depends where they are coming from. If they are flying in from a non-Schengen country (like the US, for instance,) they now get a stamp on their passport at immigration which counts as registration! (i.e. I no longer have to register when I visit because I'm flying in from NY...already registered when I go through customs with my US passport)
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

If this
http://www.guidacranchi.com/info1/pstu.htm
does not give you a headache, nothing will...
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression