broken key

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
eamonn

broken key

Post by eamonn »

I'm really trying to be nice, but a recent tenant got slightly intoxed at the local pub and broke the security key in the front door, at a repair cost of 225 euro. I never asked for a key deposit, does this mean I have to eat the repair.
Eamonn
i,ve been everywhere man!
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

eamonn,

If full liability for this is with them - ie there was no other circumstances which could have been a problem - like an old rusty key or lock etc., I would be taking this out of their security deposit. Any damage to the villa is included and I would put this event within this definition. It is also too much to swallow so I would not hesitate charging.

If you dont have a security deposit - or its not that big I would give them the invoice and ask them to pay. Have they not offered to pay anyway ???
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
tansy

Post by tansy »

he should pay...but really is it the landlord's fault - having too good a night at the pub?!!!

The tenant should offer to pay therefore taking away any difficult feelings you may have...otherwise you'll just have to ask him what he intends doing.

apart from that how's it going with the new house...how's she cutting?