Domain emails and Gmail

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pete

Domain emails and Gmail

Post by pete »

Following on from the other thread, (sorry for hijacking LV)

what do you think is the best name for your domain name emails?

enquiries@
bookings@

or as LV has suggested my_name@

I have 3 email accounts with our hosting site, so using gmail this can be managable,

I am becoming a big fan of gmail, the only problem I have is an old yahoo account wont forward and wont let gmail collect it unless I pay,

pete
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

Enquiries@ and Bookings@ are quite commonly used in email addresses which could result in an increase in spam emails. That said, I have bookings@ for my form on the website which I can revert to myname@ when following up.

Mark
West Coast Cottage

Post by West Coast Cottage »

We used to use the generic info@ but got so much spam we had to shut down the address.

Now we use relax@ ... just for something different!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

the only problem I have is an old yahoo account wont forward and wont let gmail collect it unless I pay

Pete, are you sure about this?

In Gmail go Settings / Accounts / Get Mail from Other Accounts

You can set Mail Fetcher to access 5 other accounts, and it works in the background, even when your Gmail account is closed (i.e. you're not logged in).

See below as well.

MG

Welcome to our information center for Mail Fetcher. Gmail's Mail Fetcher can download messages from up to five other email accounts, centralizing all your email in Gmail. The tabs above have information on setting up Mail Fetcher, as well as troubleshooting tips for the common problems users face.

Setup

Setting up Mail Fetcher is easy and free, but the email accounts you'd like to fetch from must support POP access and, in the case of Gmail addresses, have POP access enabled. Some free email services don't offer POP access to their users, so please contact the customer service department of your other webmail provider to determine if POP access is available in your non-Google email account.

Once you've set up Mail Fetcher, Google will check your other accounts on a regular basis, and new mail will appear automatically in Gmail. Gmail checks individual accounts for new messages at different rates, depending on previous mail fetch attempts. At this time you can't customize the frequency of automatic mail fetches.
pete

Post by pete »

I get this error on the account and yahoo wont let me forward it either,

'Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.
POP access is limited to Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers. Please contact Yahoo! Mail's support team for more information'
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I guess it depends how much you need the mail - $20 isn't the end of the world....and it probably has some useful additional features?
MG
uzsree

Post by uzsree »

Sorry for the offtopic, but I get really upset when I see people using such Email services like Yahoo that are free, but don't really offer anything else that Webmail. This is really useless and will cost you so much time.

In the log term it is better to stop using this Email service (Yahoo) since you have a website - domain name with unlimited emails - and there is Gmail - one of the best email ever and for free.

We have for example 3 websites, each using its genuine domain name email addresses, all of which are .... getting forwarded to one Gmail account. This is perfect since you have to check one email account only (via POP3 or IMAP, which I love by the way).