The Holiday Let .com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Any further updates on this one?

I have been sent an email offering a free advert, but always like to know if it's worth the time and effort?
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I am on there but still waiting for any enquiries from it. It's a shame as I think it's a really nice site. I hope they are able to stick it out as I think it has potential, but I wouldn't be able to justify a paid entry on there at this point in time.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It appears to allow you a website link, so are you able to track enquiries if they just click through to your site?

I know some people have got software on their website that does this (I just haven't got around to it yet!). Some sites also give you limited information regarding website traffic.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

From memory, I've seen a very slight trickle but nothing of much consequence.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Much as I like the site, I've only ever had spam enquiries from it.
LPC

Post by LPC »

We have only ever received one enquiry, a genuine one from a woman with a disabled mother who needed wheelchair access and wheelchair friendly accommodation - which we couldn't provide. A nice site, with nice people, but only one enquiry over all this time....

Let's hope they avoid Susan's "graveyard"!
http://maison-bourgeoise.co.nf

Dearest Josette, our flock leader and friend, passed to the astral on 27 January, 2015. Roam free, dear one! xxx
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Seeing this thread reminded me that I put 2 of our properties on TheHolidayLet some time back. I've just looked at the results and i'm very pleasantly surprised!

I think I added the listings around Sept 2009.

I've had 9 enquiries (3 from the same daft American), so that's 6 normal enquiries, 4 of which turned into bookings... and then one of those bookings turned into a repeat booking so it makes 5.

I hadn't been bothering updating their availability calendars but now I think it's worth doing - another one to add to the long calendars list.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Has the holiday Let worked for anyone - I see no ones commented for a while?
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We're on it and we've had some enquiries but no definite bookings. We get click-throughs to our own site from it too which could lead to bookings, but we can't tell. The back link to our site may help our Google ranking, but again, we can't be sure. On the whole, it's the kind of site that we want to be on so we're staying for the time being.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

I understand now thanks Jo
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I have been on the site for a few years.. with a free listing.

Just one enquiry (when I hadn't updated availability) Now I have it linked to my PIMs calendar so have automatic updates.

I wish them well and am happy to be there..
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

+1
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
declanja

Post by declanja »

I am on it for years and no bookings. But I like it and feel the owners are genuinly interested in having a site that owners value. It features high in searches for Nice apartments but strangely has never taken off for me.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We have advertised with them since November 2009. 1 enquiry in 2010 (our emails were returned undelivered). Since then, nothing at all.

Our calendar there is also linked to our PIMS calendar. The text and photos on our listing are updated along with our listings on the major sites. Yet, no interest in eight years.

It reminds me very much of Rentability com. Another good-looking site that never even brought in enquiries for us. Unlike Rentability, The Holiday Let is still soldiering on.

The site is often brought up in postings on OD Trustpilot pages as a viable alternative for the Homeaway group. Really, I just don't see this happening.

Hats off to Craig and Liz, but a real shame that it doesn't work for so many owners. But we will continue to support the site and are thinking of booking our summer holiday via the site just to give some poor owner on there a bit of hope!
GRL

Post by GRL »

AngloDutch wrote:We have advertised with them since November 2009. 1 enquiry in 2010 (our emails were returned undelivered). Since then, nothing at all.

Our calendar there is also linked to our PIMS calendar. The text and photos on our listing are updated along with our listings on the major sites. Yet, no interest in eight years.

It reminds me very much of Rentability com. Another good-looking site that never even brought in enquiries for us. Unlike Rentability, The Holiday Let is still soldiering on.

The site is often brought up in postings on OD Trustpilot pages as a viable alternative for the Homeaway group. Really, I just don't see this happening.

Hats off to Craig and Liz, but a real shame that it doesn't work for so many owners. But we will continue to support the site and are thinking of booking our summer holiday via the site just to give some poor owner on there a bit of hope!
It is sad as they are well placed to grow the subscription only sector that so many owners want ... but I fear without a large injection of money for advertising and maybe more staff this won't happen.

PS - if you fancy booking a holiday in Normandy, we are on there - Eco-Gites of Lenault ;)