The Holiday Let .com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

As e-richard once posted: For a listing site to succeed it amounts to 20% good technical input and 80% good marketing input. I also go with that approximate ratio.

The Holiday Let is a really nice looking site and technically it operates well so I think, but it seems that holiday makers just don't know about its existence. Some proper marketing is needed there to bring results, and that doesn't have to be over-the-top expensive. That's my opinion anyway!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Rosie wrote:
AngloDutch wrote:We have advertised with them since November 2009. 1 enquiry in 2010 (our emails were returned undelivered). Since then, nothing at all.

Our calendar there is also linked to our PIMS calendar. The text and photos on our listing are updated along with our listings on the major sites. Yet, no interest in eight years.

It reminds me very much of Rentability com. Another good-looking site that never even brought in enquiries for us. Unlike Rentability, The Holiday Let is still soldiering on.

The site is often brought up in postings on OD Trustpilot pages as a viable alternative for the Homeaway group. Really, I just don't see this happening.

Hats off to Craig and Liz, but a real shame that it doesn't work for so many owners. But we will continue to support the site and are thinking of booking our summer holiday via the site just to give some poor owner on there a bit of hope!
It is sad as they are well placed to grow the subscription only sector that so many owners want ... but I fear without a large injection of money for advertising and maybe more staff this won't happen.

PS - if you fancy booking a holiday in Normandy, we are on there - Eco-Gites of Lenault ;)
Thanks, Rosie! We'll check it out :)
GRL

Post by GRL »

AngloDutch wrote:
Rosie wrote:PS - if you fancy booking a holiday in Normandy, we are on there - Eco-Gites of Lenault ;)
Thanks, Rosie! We'll check it out :)
Thank you!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well shockingly I've just had what appears to be a genuine enquiry from The Holiday Let, first in about 9 years! :shock: I'll let you know if they follow through, fingers crossed :)
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

They've paid the deposit, well half of it anyway, just waiting for the other half of the family to stump up. This is my very first The Holiday Let booking! Thanks Liz and Craig! :D :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."