Low Season Split weeks

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Jules

Low Season Split weeks

Post by Jules »

I am thinking of adopting the Center Parcs principle of offering a short break from a Friday - Monday and then a mid week break from Monday-Friday. Both breaks to be priced the same.

Is anyone already doing this? Is it successful? And if so what % of the weekly tariff are you charging?
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We for the first time did split weeks May to Sept and have to say have had gaps where we couldn't rent the spare days out - it never happened when we did week minimum breaks. However you do make more money from split weeks so that will make up for the shortfall. Others on here do split weeks as you are suggesting. We divide by 7 and add an extra night on (minimum 3 nights).
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Officially we don't do split weeks during the main season (April to October. However, we let one of our cottages on a Friday to Friday basis and work on the principle that if we get an enquiry for Monday to Friday we take it, on the basis that we can easily fill the weekend. But we don't take the weekend booking first ... if you see what I mean.

Worked very well for us last year. A bit more work (we do all the cleaning, laundry, etc ourselves), but a lot more income than our two other cottages.
goosie

Post by goosie »

We offer split week and weekend and have had one mid week booking in two years!!! I don't think our market is full weeks out of season so to us it is a bonus if we get that. Our price for the weekend and mid week is the same, but it is 80% of our full week price. Essentially, we price on the weekend and if we get a full week then that is good but not what we expect.