Revised website for review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
chrisj

Revised website for review

Post by chrisj »

Submitted website for review earlier in the year and have taken on board all of the comments and changed most things. Added a few pages and offers. Any comments gratefully received.

Have a look at Brittany Giites by Jewell

All four of our gites are now open and looking forward to a very busy summer.

All bookings are coming via website with some gite directory links referring. All seems to be working well.
Brittany Gites - holiday cottages / Gites by Jewells
Chris Jewell - Website Design Brittany
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Very impressive, clean and uncluttered, I like it a lot. Only comment, lack of availability chart on the site, I hate enquiring for places knowing they are probably unavailable for my dates!

I am feeling hungry....can you cook dinner tonight and deliver?!
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It doesn't look any different to your old one to me, can you remind us what have you changed?
I'd still say there is too much block text on the homepage and not enough photos. And agree with BS about the availability, if you advertise it, then why not have a calendar on the site?
Lovely looking gîtes with good photos.
Babnik

Post by Babnik »

Spelling mistake.

Crossaunts should be croissants
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The navigation isn't uniform either. If you go to any of the individual gites, there isn't an option to go back to the homepage.
kirkland

Post by kirkland »

I think the red sticker cheapens the subtle colour scheme, how about a nice tasteful sticker
Garri

Post by Garri »

Links on homepage are obscured by the blurb (FireFox 3.0 on OSX); logo doesn't take me to homepage; agree with kirkland the sticker does cheapen the site but only because it's poorly rendered and lacks design flair
chrisj

Post by chrisj »

la vache! wrote:The navigation isn't uniform either. If you go to any of the individual gites, there isn't an option to go back to the homepage.
Hi la vache,

the navigation was there but I see what you mean so have added the word home to the gites and B&B tab, do you think it makes it any clearer.

Re the changes there are many to the content and also the behind the scenes. There are also new pages for B&B and the navigation was changed. The overall look is the same.

Have taken our garish colours from prices page, should have learned the lesson and not used red for the offer sticker !

Front page is next project but don't want to change to much at one time so as not to upset SEO.

Keep the comments coming.
Garri

Post by Garri »

The navigation isn't consistent. Click on the B&B - home and you'll see why.

Also, on home page 'gites - home' is first time but 'b&b - home' is over on far right, would be better if it was after 'gites', for context.

The red sticker looks like one of those hastily composed 'special offer' signs you see in a cheap boozer ;-)
chrisj

Post by chrisj »

The offending red sticker has gone !

Navigation on B&B pages is updated, thanks Garri.
Garri

Post by Garri »

I can't see any improvement to the navigation, even after flushing my cache.

It will frustrate your users. It may have worked years ago when everyone knew no better, but not these days when everyone is more web savvy.

Here's a really valuable resource: http://www.useit.com/