http://www.frenchmaison.co.uk/

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
olive

http://www.frenchmaison.co.uk/

Post by olive »

I don't usually bother with free offers but this site has good looking properties - has anybody else ever used it?
9 photos, free non-reciprocal link, 3m trial. Good for multiple properties.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I got their email today as well olive, but haven't checked out the site yet. I've never seen them on any google searches for my area and won't sign up unless they offer a free trial. Most of my bookings are coming from free advertising or my own website at the moment!
judyc

Post by judyc »

I put an advert on last week, and had an enquiry through them yesterday. That is more than my paid listing sites managed! Fingers crossed!
judyc

Post by judyc »

That is now a booking, so I am delighted with this site. :lol:

Lots of additional properties since last week, so I hope they do well.
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I got an offer as well, but on the day I got a few others as well & I seem to have deleted the lot - obviously in a bad mood :shock:

Perhaps a mistake, what exactly was the offer 'pretty please'?

Bobby
judyc

Post by judyc »

It was a three month free trial, but only valid until the 25th January. Maybe an email to them to ask if you could still have it? info@frenchmaison.co.uk

It is the first time ever that I have loaded details on to a free website (and believe me, that is quite a few) that I have had a response on the first weekend,followed by a booking, so I am currently very pro this site! It wil be interesting to see what happens for the rest of my free trial!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Judyc, can I ask if your booking was your booking for Peak or another time of year?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Polite request - it would seem logical to have started this topic under listing sites but since we have a sticky on listing sites specific to France in the France section, could you please post comments there? :)

viewtopic.php?t=6964

Merci!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
judyc

Post by judyc »

LV - it is a peak season booking, but I am not getting even those from my paid listing sites, so I don't really mind!

I have also continued this over on the other thread...
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Judy. No big deal but just thought I'd let a few people know about the other thread. I asked Paolo to place it in what he thought was the most appropriate spot. Bit of a toss-up that!
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Yep, you are right GG. I would have spotted my previous post had it gone there. (I think I am beginning to write just like BS) (Only not so many words) :wink:

Bobby
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol:

I've bookmarked this site as it sounds like one to watch ...
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

(I think I am beginning to write just like BS) (Only not so many words)

Bobby
Scusemaeo :o ......youve just used 18 words explaining why youre not gonna use so many words or whatever........tsk.........as if ID do such a thing :oops:
remember less is more!!!!!!...........

Take care my little munchkinx
Giddy Goat

Update please?

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm reviving this thread, since the site drew a few scattered comments on the Listing Sites Specific to France Sticky, and I thought it might be helpful to have more feedback, and all in one place.

So, here we are in 2012. Are any of you still with this site or are there more Hatters out there who have signed up with them since the last posting here, and how are they performing? They seem to carry only about 65 properties in total three years on: for example 10 in Brittany, 8 in the Midi-Pyrenees, 4 in Provence etc etc. You get the flavour.

They are not offering free subs, at least not publicly. Their rates are £85 for 12 months and £35 for each additional property.

:( Nice looking site too. To be fair, I have peeped at their Twitter site which is busy with regular posts, and they also have a blog, and have recently upped the ante there too it would seem.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Hello, GG! We had a free trial with them, but then they wanted money, which we wouldn't pay because we didn't even get an enquiry.
http://maison-bourgeoise.co.nf

Dearest Josette, our flock leader and friend, passed to the astral on 27 January, 2015. Roam free, dear one! xxx