" French Maison"

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
olive

" French Maison"

Post by olive »

I didn't know this site existed but I've just had an apparently legitimate enquiry through it.
They have adapted the text on one of our listings very well, chosen the photos intelligently & not made any mistakes - except for the availability calendar, which is out of date.
Has anyone else heard of it?
LPC

Post by LPC »

Yes, we joined some while ago. No bookings but had a genuine enquiry and lots of people looking. Free - so nothing to lose. We quite like them.
http://maison-bourgeoise.co.nf

Dearest Josette, our flock leader and friend, passed to the astral on 27 January, 2015. Roam free, dear one! xxx
judyc

Post by judyc »

I signed up with them on a free trial at the end of January, and have had two bookings (one peak season, one early May) so I am delighted with them :D
Giddy Goat

Re: " French Maison"

Post by Giddy Goat »

olive wrote:Has anyone else heard of it?
On the list here Olive! :wink: viewtopic.php?t=6964 Glad you've had an enquiry, though it's a bit cheeky (and unprofessional) of a site to copy your details and create a listing without approaching you first.

I wonder if you'd have been cross if you'd found the ad before you'd received an enquiry from them? I do hope it turns into a booking though as they'll then be flavour of the month! We're a fickle lot aren't we!

I've just found this post Olive from the above thread - worth reading and it will take you to a whole topic about the site in question:
judyc wrote:...continuing on from viewtopic.php?t=8383

My booking from frenchmaison.co.uk was for peak season, but I am happy for any bookings at the moment as I am certainly not getting much from my paid listings.

Quite a number of our bookings so far this year are for off peak weeks (and the majority of those are either repeat or referral), and for the first time I can remember, one of my gites had no bookings in the peak weeks, until this one.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

They seem to be chargin gfor ads now at £85 ayear! Was the free trial a special thing or something offered to LMHatters?
Looks like a nice site but don't want to lay out £85 with propspect of no return!