Business Rate Revaluation

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
minxx

Post by minxx »

Ours came 2 weeks ago, we don't have any accounts yet for 14/15 as our first year of being opened has only just finished.

I can obviously provide the figures for income but outgoings may take a while!
Yet to look through the form properly, have filled in all the easy bits first :D
kg1

Post by kg1 »

kyreniagirl wrote:
falbayview wrote:
kyreniagirl wrote:Still not got one :D
+1, you should be called 'veryluckygirl' :wink:

i've just come back from a lovely week in Cyprus to find mine amongst the rest of the rubbish that comes through the letterbox these days :x ...lucky it didn't go straight into the recycling i suppose :lol:

oh well, it will force me to do my 2014/15 tax return early and will do this at the same time after i've had yet another read of this thread... thanks as always to all LMH'ers for your input 8)
Still not got one - I feel it's coming though :roll:
Yes, OK you can laugh - I got one :evil:

OH has filled it in - after reading this thread, which he found very useful!

Fingers crossed it's Ok.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Filling in form at the last minute!

Read everything posted so far but still confused about depreciation - internal and external. How have others dealt with this?

I am aware it is not the same as the capital allowances figure on the tax return. Shame as I could easily provide this information ...

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Many thanks 7 Aspire. This is very clear.

My accountant claims a proportion of a sum allocated to 'Integral features' (heating systems etc) as part of capital allowances for my tax return. I am just wondering whether i can make any claim ti 'Integral Features" in relation to depreciation?
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

We just got ours this week, had hoped we had escaped
LeanneA

Post by LeanneA »

I've been putting off completing mine, but 56 days deadline is looming so having a go today. Pity there is no online help book like you get with Tax returns etc!

I contacted VOA when form arrived, as this will be my last letting season and I am returning the property to residential from end Sept, which will then render it liable for Council Tax again. As form is being used for revaluation with effect from April 2017, I asked if I needed to complete this information, as will no longer be holiday letting when it applies from. Was told I do, so will fill it in but not going to be too "accurate" over the expenses breakdown, so long as the totals match.

I have one question for those who have/are going to complete please:

Q9 - Letting Details - Are the totals Calendar or Accounting/Tax years? The expenses section specifically mentions Tax years, but Q9 is vague! Any advice appreciated, thank you :)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Well I am just trying to fill ours in,
Its been all form filling this week,if you think the rate form is bad you should see the lot I have to fill in for cross compliance on the farm.Just one little gem.
Working out how much poo or rather excrement as the form states my cattle produce each year ,in fact someone at EU has worked it out per animal based on age as a guild.We then have to account were it goes on each field and how much .Oh the joys of form filling.
:D
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Bessie, I feel your pain. We used to claim set aside allowance but the amount paid out no way covered the time in completing the complex reams of forms. We didn't bother claiming in the end and I think it's been abolished now anyway.

Leanne, I think you need to be consistent with all the questions. I filled in everything as a financial tax year, although mine does coincide with a normal April to April tax year.
Annew

Post by Annew »

bessie wrote: if you think the rate form is bad you should see the lot I have to fill in for cross compliance on the farm.

I feel your pain ...... Just sent off my basic payment form.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

bessie wrote:.Oh the joys of form filling.
And the joy of putting the form in the envelope, sealing it and slipping it through the post box. And the horror - 3 or so hours later - of encountering the designated envelope still lying, unused, on the desk top and the slowly dawning realisation that we had used a different envelope coincidentally also labelled 'Freepost'. And the horror of panicky phone calls ..... only to discover that post from the post box in question was by then speeding its way to the far north.

Oh the joy of the wise habit of always making copies of everything.

The 'wrong' envelope had been one intended for renewal of a home appliance insurance company. I was assured that they used data inputters and that anything not relevant to their program would be simply torn up. Hopefully.

This has been our own, unusual approach to the dreaded form. It can't get much worse than that.

I actually have hardly dared admit to all this here (though here is the very place where one can dare do so).
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Wonkeye, I did a similar thing in the recent election. I signed and sealed all my postal votes form only to realise that I had left out one vital form. :roll:
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

Bunny wrote:Wonkeye, I did a similar thing in the recent election. I signed and sealed all my postal votes form only to realise that I had left out one vital form. :roll:
One is simply trying to do one's best and getting over-concentrated. And stressed out!
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I filled it in with the tax year. I wrote 2010-11; 2011-12; 2013-14 above ...
Used same years with accountant's figures for income & expenditure.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

I also did the tax years.