OD Reviews - Grrrrrr!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Casscat

OD Reviews - Grrrrrr!

Post by Casscat »

I have just had a monumental whinge over the phone to some hapless OD phone-bunny. I love getting reviews (as long as they're glowing :mrgreen:) and previously my reviews have been attributed via whatever name/nickname the guests wish to be known by. However since the infamous 'OD upgrade' all my reviews appear as 'anonymous'. Now that smacks to me as a prospective outsider looking in as 'invented by who knows'. Rightly or wrongly I gain reassurance from a review with a header of 'Adams Family' or 'John and Chris' or whatever - something personal anyway! The phone person said that when she logged on to review my listing she was asked to give some sort of name, but it cannot be obvious let alone compulsory. Can anyone else with this issue log it as a complaint? The more the merrier and the more the greater the likelihood that they'll actually have a light bulb moment. My latest guests I know for an absolute fact would not have opted to be anonymous. Anonymous is for poison pen letters :(
bessie

Post by bessie »

Love that term phone bunny. :lol:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Please don't take my name in vain! :wink: :lol:

Off to check my listing now; I had not noticed that reviews had become anonymous. :o
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Bunny wrote:Please don't take my name in vain! :wink: :lol:
Never would I! There is a difference between a hired hand phone-bunny and a much loved LMH Bunny for sure! :lol:
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I can still see the names of my reviewers.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

What is the most recent SandyBeaches?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

My last review was on 1/6/15 and the name shows, so maybe it just scraped through the net.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I have a reviews from late May, 30th June and August. Only the August one is by "anonymous" - but I assumed that was because the guest chose not to put their name or initials.......

:?:
COYS

Post by COYS »

No idea if helpful, but my latest OD review dated August 25th has the family name displayed.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
GRL

Post by GRL »

I got a lovely review today from French guests who stayed way back in April and it arrived anonymously as it were. I just assumed they didn't want to leave a name for some reason and they certainly didn't mention any of their names in the body of the review. Prior to that the last review we had (which was sometime after June) did have a name on it.
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

First OD review received a few days ago and attributed to a specific guest with a name.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I can only conclude that the format for leaving a review is less user friendly than it once was, but not impossible to navigate for those who can be hugely arsed to jump through OD's hoops. I will send myself a review reqeust to test it out...
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Casscat wrote:What is the most recent SandyBeaches?
Haven't had a review for a while - probably a couple of months. I only request them from people who actually book through OD and to be honest they are few and far between at the moment!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Sod's law but I received another review today and it did have the guest's name on it.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

Dear all,

I have found recently that when I look at the review in my owner dashboard to click and make a comment, the review is listed as by 'anonymous' but when it actually gets posted, the reviewer's name is included. Have you looked at the review once it's been posted to see if the name has been added?

All very confusing
Oh I do like to be beside the sea...

www.bumblebeecottagefiley.com
Owners Direct: 8151873