Supplying alcohol & DVD's and wondering about licensing?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Not everyone one drinks alcohol. Some may even had an problem with it in the past.
We have had non alcoholic drinkers stay with us even through we are in a wine region.
A little sensitivity to those who have suffered with a alcoholism/alcohol abuse goes a long way, just like any other illness.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Gordo

Re: Supplying alcohol & DVD's and wondering about licens

Post by Gordo »

kyreniagirl wrote:They complained about being left wine?? Unbelievable.
I believe it's not so much what you do but the way that you do it.

e.g. a bottle of plonk with a welcome card and a bunch of fresh flowers may all look very nice but it's so obviously a deliberate inducement.

Our property guide encourages guests to feel free to make use of (or discard) any food or drink items that may have been left either by other guests or ourselves. We always leave 2 bottles of wine in the wine rack along with plenty of tea/coffee/condiments and misc bathroom stuff. Almost everyone comments on this positively and although I concede it is most definitely an inducement it "looks" more natural. I'm sure one day we'll get our comeuppance soon as an OCD guest throws it all in the skip!

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Likewise any DVDs found in the property must have been left by previous guests......... Please don't remove them as we'll be returning them to their owners in due course. :wink:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Oh Greenbarn I really, really like that one!

(Would it also include the DVD stand that a previous guest left behind as well??? :shock: :shock: )
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

zebedee wrote:Oh Greenbarn I really, really like that one!

(Would it also include the DVD stand that a previous guest left behind as well??? :shock: :shock: )
Good ploy - I think my DVD player must have been left behind by a previous guest too. :wink:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Bunny wrote:
zebedee wrote:Oh Greenbarn I really, really like that one!

Good ploy - I think my DVD player must have been left behind by a previous guest too. :wink:
Indeed - so cheap to replace these days, hardly worth the bother of contacting you and paying for its return........ :wink: They'd obviously used it as they left the cables connected, and I'm afraid if I tried to disconnect it I'd just muck everything up and the TV wouldn't work again.....