Homeaway removing phone numbers from subscription listings

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Oldhacker

Homeaway removing phone numbers from subscription listings

Post by Oldhacker »

The following message is now appearing on my HA owner dashboard -
For subscription listings, your phone number will be moving from the listing page to the confirmation pages. This means that all of your conversations with travellers will be in one place, and it will be easier to get credit for your bookings in search results. – Learn more
And when I click on 'Learn more' I am told -
Processing bookings through HomeAway is key to your performance
January 10, 2017
Our goal is to get as many travellers as possible to book their holiday homes, with you, on the HomeAway websites. Bookings on the HomeAway website are core to the HomeAway business and enables us to help make sure we’ll continue to deliver you more bookings for years to come.

Since the most important thing you can do for your performance is use the HomeAway checkout for all of your bookings, we will be making changes to help make sure you're getting credit for all your bookings. Soon you’ll notice your phone number is being moved from your listing page to the enquiry confirmation pages. This means all your conversations will be grouped in your HomeAway inbox - and you can let us know it resulted in a successful booking, in just a few clicks.

You’ll still have access to the information about the traveller that you do today. Since bookings through the HomeAway checkout are so important, here is a quick “how-to” to make sure you know how to turn phone calls, enquiries and booking requests into bookings through the checkout, giving you credit for each and every booking:

When you receive an enquiry: You can attach a quote to your answer directly from your HomeAway inbox. Just select ‘Reply Available’ and add a quote or payment request.

When you receive A Booking Request: Simply accept that booking and it will be automatically added to your reservations and block your calendar for the booked dates.

If you talk to A Traveller On The Phone: In your dashboard, from their initial enquiry, send them a payment request or tell them to go to HomeAway.co.uk/OwnersDirect.co.uk to finalize the booking.
Do they really think we are so stupid that if they do not mention the service fee we will put direct inquiries through their platform as well? Early indications suggest travellers are not as stupid as HA/OD would like. I am getting hardly any bookings through HA/OD for this summer compared to previous years but am seeing more direct bookings. Not enough to compensate so I need to figure out which alternative service fee free platforms will work for me now that the writing is on the wall for HA/OD.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

I saw that at the top of my dashboard as well. I had to read it several times as it is not very clear.
your phone number is being moved from your listing page to the enquiry confirmation pages
So, our contact numbers will only be given on the enquiry confirmation page which is something the guests receive once they have made an enquiry?

What does this mean? -
This means that all of your conversations with travellers will be in one place,
because, if the guests on receiving our phone number then call us, how can our conversations be in one place :?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Message from OD, they are doing the same.
Surprise surprise :?
What would Plato do ?
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

Is that the sound of another nail being banged in a coffin?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

ManxRed1 wrote:Is that the sound of another nail being banged in a coffin?
Beware the Walking Dead !
What would Plato do ?