Sure this one is

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
julesb

Sure this one is

Post by julesb »

Hi everyone

Only surprise on this one is that normally if they do not get a reply they don't come back.

Interestingly could not find anywhere on the French Entrée website to report the scam

A new enquiry has been logged for the property (ref: L'Oustal du Viaur) displayed below:

2 interconnected gites with pool ideal for sharing
Tarn 81, Midi-Pyrenees
2 interconnected gites set in grounds with large pool. Perfect place for large groups or families sharing.[more details]

The enquiry details are as follows:

Name: Dr Sebastein
Email: dr.sebastein@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +447045768482
Rental from : 11/11/2007
Rental to : 11/11/2007
Number of weeks : 0

The Enquiry:

Hello ,
Am Dr Sebastien from Abbotsford BC, i made an enquairy that me and my family will like to know how you run this rental, and there is no respond regarding my request ,well we are on a vacation for this date below .
Date: 5th of January 2008
Time of arrival:10 am
No of people:2 adults and one son,
well we are referring to that will wanted to rent your apartment that you have for rent on a monthly rental or weekly basic rent for three Months or 2 weeks rental.
© 2007FrenchEntrée Holiday Rentals

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.26/1119 - Release Date: 08/11/2007 17:55
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Well, he is probably a scammer even though I agree, they don't normally email you twice, and he hasn't mentioned payment yet, which is usually the giveaway.

However, he can't spell his name consistently, and he calls himself 'Dr', which isn't suspicious in itself except that the majority of scammers are either Dr or Rev.

He has given you a phone number - try it Jules? :)
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
paolo

Post by paolo »

This reads like 100% scam.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
julesb

FrenchEntrée

Post by julesb »

I have had three e-mails from the scammer now, asking why I have not replied to his request!

I did send a general e-mail to the FrenchEntrée site and got a very quick response from them which was very helpful and supportive. They are being quite pro-active in dealing with the matter.
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.