Gibbs Hudson - Is this a scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
sueb

Gibbs Hudson - Is this a scam?

Post by sueb »

Hi,

We reveived the enquiry below and I think it is a scam. Could anyone please advise.

"Hello, We need to book a prepaid reservation for rooms in your place for 8 guests who will be arriving your location in 28th SEPTEMBER 2009. The guests are scheduled to arrive as follows; Arrival: 28TH SEPTEMBER 2009 Departure: 16ST OCTOBER 2009 Dates Required: 28TH SEPTEMBER --16ST OCTOBER2009 that is for {20 night stay} No.Of Guests: 8 (Eight) No.Of Rooms: 4 (Four) double rooms,8 (Eight) single rooms or any apartment for all of them If you can take the guests for the duration, Kindly get back to me with the rates and total cost required for the duration. A timely response will be appreciated as I look forward to hearing from you soon.Kindly tell me the amount in US Dollars or in Euro amount. Kindest Regards, Gibbs Hudson Travelcare Greencastle Street Kilkeel NEWRY BT34 4BH, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom gibbshudson@yahoo.com"

Thanking you all in anticipation
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Google has never heard of the agency! :shock:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I think its a scam butTheres a 'proper' Travelcare office in Kilkeel why dont you ring them??

Travelcare
17-19 The Square
Kilkeel, Newry, BT34 4AA
028 41763909
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

The tone, content and wording stinks of scam, no question.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Rosepop

gibbs hudson

Post by Rosepop »

just got the same email this week. replied to it and received the usual scam reply about receiving money, taking some off and then forwarding the balance to an agent. I've logged this on the officie of fair trading website
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks for Posting Rosepop its always useful to get a scam confirmed!!
Glad you werent caught!! :wink:
sueb

Post by sueb »

Thanks everyone for your help.

I did actually respond asking for a landline telephone number so that I could ring to confirm their exact requirement but did not get any kind of response (well not to date). My suspicions have now been confirmed.