Warning Message From ApartmentsDirect.ie

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Just received this message:

If you have received an enquiry from a person called Maria with email address maria233i@yahoo.com and UK mobile number +44 - 703 - 1872504, please do not reply to this as it is a scam. We have rang the mobile number provided and it is diverted to an African country and is answered by a man. He got very aggressive when we informed him we knew what he was up to. The scam is they send you payment in advance and over pay you and request that you send them back the amount they over paid you by money transfer.
Regards webmaster @ apartmentsdirect.ie
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's interesting. Never heard of that before. Africa? That's unusual. Who would have thought it?

MG
Marks

Post by Marks »

Not everyone is as clued up as you MG and there are new members here all the time that won't be aware of this type of scam. I guess people still do fall for it otherwise the scammers would be off doing something else rather than targeting property listing sites. IMHO of course :roll:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Apologies, I was feeling in an evil mood last night, deleting all that African scam rubbish. Interestingly, Gmail picks it up and dumps in Spam, and not a clue how they do it.

MG
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

On first reading this post, I thought that it was the latest pathetic attempt by Apart Direct to get people to read their emails. It probably is :twisted:

Despite repeated requests to them to stop bothering me, I am repeatedly informed of an impending booking - which cannot be as I do not list with them.

In my opinion, they are as bad as the scammers from Africa :roll:
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

What I never get is, what would happen if you don't send anything back? :?
www.boussais.com (english version)
www.boussais.webs.com (version francaise)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nothing, but you still wouldn't be rich, as the cheque or payment they send is dud anyway.