Claude Hamadouche

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
pepsipuss

Claude Hamadouche

Post by pepsipuss »

This one is written better than most, only one couple, but 'dates are flexible' and it is from Abidjan. Offers payment by transfer, which is unusual, but the wording is all a bit similar to the usual except the grammar and spelling are all correct.

Spain-holiday have given it a 'soft warning'. Could be that they are just getting better...

Anyone had this?
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

This has now turned into a firm warning from Spain Holiday - what a pity, a booking for the whole of December would have been nice :roll:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

linda147

Post by linda147 »

I have been approached by this guy - nothing in his original enquiry to raise any suspicion but all in French and I don't understand much French! He replied very quickly saying he wanted our house for 2 months over the winter and asking for our bank details. This made me a little suspicious so I look on LMH and found this thread :(
I have looked on Spain Holiday (he didn't come through that) and can't find any warning - where is this please?
He attached a scan of his identify card with his reply which seemed a bit odd but then I haven't dealt with many French enquiries so maybe this is usual?
I got all excited at the thought of a 2 month winter let :lol:
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Hi Linda
He just came to me again through a different site and for different dates! Three months from 1 Jan.

Spain Holiday advised me personally as I had had an enquiry from him - I don't think they have a place that the publish specific scams. It started as a 'soft warning' and then turned a few days later to 'hard'. When I asked SH about him in the first instance they said that he had made a lot of enquiries.

All my communications with him seemed kosher at first: much less scammy than the norm, but as the correspondence developed there were more errors creeping into the French! :roll:

roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

me too!
linda147

Post by linda147 »

as I only know about half a dozen French words I wouldn't notice his errors :lol:
bit different from the other enquiry I have been dealing with today wanting 6 weeks over the winter - done her a deal only charging for 4 weeks but still wanting to beat me down more :evil:
That is what made me suspicious about this guy - he came straight back wanting the place with no questions!
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

Got mine from Domego today. 3 months from 1 Nov- 31 Jan. I have also had the 2nd email asking for beank details.

May forward the email to abuse@yahoo.fr, especially as he is in Africa masquerading as French.

Mark
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Mark have you traced the IP address? He is asking for my bank details now
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

All I can see from my email headers is:

Received: from web24708.mail.ird.yahoo.com ([212.82.104.181]:20546)

and from Domain Tools:

IP Information for 212.82.104.181
IP Location: Ireland Dublin Yahoo! Europe Dublin Ie
Resolve Host: web24708.mail.ird.yahoo.com
IP Address: 212.82.104.181
Blacklist Status: Clear
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

That IP address is the yahoo mail server (based in dublin).
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

This is an extract from the second email I received from Spain Holiday (below). He is clearly asking about all sorts of different sizes of property in different parts of Spain and for different dates. Can't be genuine.
We contact you because you recently received an enquiry, which we strongly believe is ungenuine. This is a HARD WARNING, which means that we do not think this person has a genuine intention of renting your property. We advice you not to continue your communication with this renter, but of course the decision is yours

Beachcomber

Scam E-mails

Post by Beachcomber »

I had this guy as well wanting 3 months, Nov to Jan 31st but as there is nothing to do in Formentera during the winter, it is very much a summer beach holiday location, I was immediately suspicious. I too traced him back to Abidjan, Ivory Coast so simply said the properties were not available. I have heard nothing since.
Lagartija
wine improves with age - the older I get the more I like it.
www.formenteraapartment.com
www.formentera-villa.com