Trademark Scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Hells Bells

Trademark Scam?

Post by Hells Bells »

Received this today by email
Dear CEO,

Sorry to trouble you! We are a professional internet consultant organization in Asia, we have a pretty important issue needing to confirm with your company. On October 21 2009, we received an application formally, one company named "Sabre Holdings Ltd." applied for the brand keyword "chamoissiere" with our organization.

During our preliminary investigation, we found that the domain name's keyword is identical with your trademark. I wonder whether you consigned Sabre Holdings Ltd. to register the brand keyword with us? Or is Sabre Holdings Ltd. your business partner or distributor in Asia?

Currently, we have already postponed this application of this company temporarily.Therefore please let the relevant person make a confirmation with me by telephone or email ASAP.

Best Regards,
Michael

Sponsoring Registrar:

Tel: +852-9566 0103
Fax: +852-3019 7872
Email: Michael@asiadnr.net
Michael@sk-dns.org
Michael_sk_dns@hotmail.com
Windy

Post by Windy »

I get those on a regular basis based on all my websites and just ignore them.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I will do.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

"telephone or email ASAP"

If they didn't sound so desperate when it comes to cutting the chase, it might just about sound plausible.
Cheers
PC
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Windy wrote:I get those on a regular basis based on all my websites and just ignore them.
Same here, also for the other job...
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
James3214

Post by James3214 »

HelenB you can always find out the country where the email originated from by following the link in this section

IP locator:
http://www.ip-to-location.com/free.asp - try to get to grips with this, it will tell you where the email really came from.
vw7777

Received the same email

Post by vw7777 »

At first I was worried about my business information but then did a search and found this forum. Wow..the verbiage they emailed was exactly the same except the website was different than on here. It's so frustrating to know that people are out there wanting to scam people.

I had another scam also happen and this one wanted money. I was quick to search online while the person was on the phone and find out that the company was also a scammer.

Be careful. If things sounds weird or your gut tells you to be worried...listen carefully!