But what about the genuine ones?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

But what about the genuine ones?

Post by Mountain Goat »

From the FBI Terrorist Investigation Bureau, Seattle, WA:

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $850,000.00 US Dollars from a Lottery Company in the United Kingdom. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this...... etc.

That's nice, then, as it takes care of those Christmas extras, but what I'm curious about is that surely, maybe once or twice a year, there's a genuine notification that some poor sod has won x hundred thousands of whatever, and then zaps their fortune to oblivion, believing it to be a scam?

MG
pambon

Post by pambon »

MG shall we run away together? Last month I received a similar message from some Dutch lottery - about 4 million euro I think :lol:

I too wonder how many bona fide ones end up binned :cry:
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

pambon wrote:I too wonder how many bona fide ones end up binned :cry:
Well, all mine have, that's for sure!
------------------------------------
They seek him here, they seek him where?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Don't worry, the next time Manna rains from Heaven I will send some over to you Stig. Plenty for everyone at that rate :!:
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

pambon wrote:Don't worry, the next time Manna rains from Heaven I will send some over to you Stig. Plenty for everyone at that rate :!:
I'll await your contact! :lol:
------------------------------------
They seek him here, they seek him where?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I recommend the movie "Waking Ned" as a good antidote to any windfall scam. 'Tis a bit of loight relief, to be sure.