wilsonfox

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
goosie

wilsonfox

Post by goosie »

Nearly fell for this one - even replied to first email as although it was poorly written, it had enough in it to make me not certain. He then replied with the specific dates and he named the people booking and even gave me an address that checked out (Jersey). However, the writing was poor and my suspicians were raised so I sent an email to say that I never email my details but have sent the booking form to the address he supplied.

This reply clinched the scammer!

Thanks alot for getting back to me. You should have tell me before sending the booking form to my client address coz he's not around at the moment. Anyway, i will want you to email me your details as i have requested in my last email so i can contact him to forward the details to him, so i hope this is clear to you? so i await to hear from you soon.

Thanks alot and speak soon.

Kind Regards
I know I shouldn't but since he had my email address already I couldn't resist sending another which said that if he could provide me with a landline and his address I would the form to him. If however, he was a scammer, I had reported his address to his ISP. Strangely didn't hear back.

his address is wilsonfox204 at gmail in case you get anything