Non SPAM correspondace delated by Gmail

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Tizfata

Non SPAM correspondace delated by Gmail

Post by Tizfata »

:twisted:
I am SO MAD at Gmail!!!!
I was exchanging letters with a wonderful British lady (aka potential guest). I got warned by the system that I was writing to a potential spam. I was about to finish a wonderful letter when PUFF ! All the correspondance with this lady disappeared and is now nowhere to be found. Not in the junk, not in the spam folder.
GMAIL, I AM SO MAD AT YOU!!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Any advice on how to have my letters back will be highly appreciated. I already wrote the lady from my wonderful hotmail account, but the letter that I was writing was so nice :cry: :cry: :cry:
HELP HELP HELP
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Have you tried using the Gmail search option?

If you look towards the top of your screen, in the middle, in small type, you can click on "Show Search Options" - you can then search by your correspondent's name, for example.

Hope you can find it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

You may have to use Advanced Search to look specifically at the Bin or deleted items (saved up to a month).

To cover this you could also forward all incoming emails to another Gmail account (or pick out specific ones using keywords to forward). Strongly recommended. You can forward outgoing emails as well to the same account.

Or use Thunderbird (?) to download everything on a regular basis.

If your primary free Gmail account seizes up, you won't be able to get technical help, so it's worth covering yourself. Paid accounts are entitled to support.

MG
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thanks, RR!
Unfortunately I looked for the lady's name, family name and email address and it said always:
Nessun messaggio corrisponde ai criteri di ricerca.
(No message meets your seach criteria) :twisted:
I am lucky the lady already wrote back
I am MAD :twisted: because my wonderfully written ( :lol: ) last email is gone :cry:

Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thanks MG.
I also changed the setting from Italian to English but I can't see (Tizfata aka the mole) the advanced search button :cry: Where is it, please?...
In the meantime I received an enquiry :D from Poland I quickly sent to my personal email account...

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

At the top of your Gmail page, to the right of the search box, in English it is Show Search Options (just above the filter settings).

MG
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

"If you look towards the top of your screen, in the middle, in small type, you can click on "Show Search Options" "

Cough.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

:D You are both GENIUS!!!!
I was finally able to have the emails back, with the hurtful exception of the one I was writing... :cry:
I will write her later, I have a (hear, hear) meeting with a friend to visit an photo exhibition in one hour time and I am still my my pjs :oops:
PS: In Italy to day it is holiday!
PPS: I am so glad I found you, LMH guys!!!