I am Mark Anderson from California

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

I am Mark Anderson from California

Post by annafern »

Not sure to be honest if this is a scam but the english and the way the request is worded is odd and he has emailed the two proeprties i manage in The Cotswolds althought the resquests are the same i am a little suspect of them.

It came through Cottage Nett website althought the email states they saw the cottages on www.yourholidayrentals.com which i don't even advertise on.

anyone had this enquiry and is also suspicious.

meself, my wife and 2 kids will be going on holiday and we intends to stay for 4 weeks which is 1 months rental, we saw your advert on www.yourholidayrentals.com in which we are interested in your property. We intend to stay for 1 months rental for further details we will required for the details below. Checking in right from March 03/01/2010. Checking out date will be March 03/31/2010. Also we will be making uses of (Brand new personal computers) during the time that we will be in the property, the Pc will not required for Internet, we will be four in numbers meself and my wife and our children we will be checking in right from Scotland as we own a personal business in Scotland. I will be very glad to know maybe the property will be open for the date and time that we required for and if the property is open i will be O.K to have the price for the 1 month rental price. Hope to have your reply sooner. Kind Regards Anderson's Family.
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
Tizfata

Re: I am Mark Anderson from California

Post by Tizfata »

annafern wrote:we will be four in numbers meself and my wife and our children
Something like this always reminds me of the Scottish hotelier guy in Little Britain
Gold in colour = butter
Red in colour = tomato
:lol:
I am not a guy with an English American sounding name and I would NOT write a letter like this when enquiring about a rental...
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
allanspence

Post by allanspence »

Any mention of brand new personal computers during the first enquiry is usually an indication of a scam which involves you ordering the computers for them, followed by cancellation of the booking and a request to parcel up the computers and send them on followed by realisation that whichever method of payment for computers and accommodation has been by a stolen credit card which is recharged leaving you out of pocket - don't touch it !
Allan Spence
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thanks Allan for providing these details.
When talking with friends non involved in the rental business it is always difficult for me to explain how these scams work. You gave a full description on how this (censored) people work.
Thanks again!
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression