Fat Larry

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
joddle

Fat Larry

Post by joddle »

Received the following scam attempt from the Lupain service - (which I am not too pleased about anyway) - may be usefull to note for others if not already in their book of horrors:

Hi,
We want to rent the property for 1 month.
Checking Date : May 02 2010
Checking Time : ??????????
Checkout Date : 30 May 2010
Checkout Time : ?????????
2 Adults :
Email me back with further details and also with the total price in euros for the 1 month.
Larry.
send a copy of your reply to me my new email
larry.mich@hotmail.com‏

Followed by

Good to have your mail,sorry for the late responds confirming the rental i will be sending the rental payment to you so to confirm our booking for the date and the time that we intends to stay,I don't quite understand more about the air port i will like to know how far is the nearest air port to the property?,how long its will take us when we will be arriving into the City that the property is located,We will be needing a Cadillac American Car when we arrived for rent or say hire for maybe 1 month.Although we intends to stay for a year but we have decided to stay for one month and if everything is Okay we can either buy a small three bed room apartment.i hope ill be able to get car hire within the area which the property is located for our daily movement so that we can really enjoy our self's staying in your property.

Checking in date wil l be May 01 2010.
Checking Out will be May 30 2010.

Every thing is OK by me and i must confess to you that am really pleased staying in your property i hope we enjoy having a nice time in your property, i want know more about the monthly bills of the the property utilities etc.
Rental cost will be 860Euros,In my first mail i informed you about the Pc that ill be using when we arrived in the property,and at the present time i have booked for(2 brand new pc) so that every thing will be OK. and more also to enjoy our stay, its been long time that i have booked the (Pc personal computers)from the seller and its will be delivered to the property we are renting from,the funds for the Pc will be included with the rental payment.The name and th e email of the seller is listed below.

Jeff Sasson
s.deliveries@yahoo.com

For Booking confirmation my full name is Larry Ellison 42 years old my wife is Michelle Ellison 39 years old and my wife home address in 9645 Fox Hearst Road Tampa Bay FL 33647

Euro Bank Check Or British Pounds Check, hope its O.K?
I will require for the details below.

Euro Bank Check Or British Pounds Check*******
Address of the receiver*******
Full Address*******
Cell Phone Number**********
Home Phone Number*******
Office Phone Number***********
Property Address Needed******

We ought to have use our credit card but i don't know how its works in your area but i will prefer to make the payment sent to you Euro Bank Check Or British Pounds Check that will be O.K in your bank in few days.send a copy of your reply to me my new email larry.mich@hotmail.com‏
Kind Regards.
Cheers Happy Weekend.
Larry & Wife Michelle.
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

This is very similair to the Derik More scammer, see 'Derik and wife Michael' posting below. Again Tampa Florida; aka Scam City?
Zoot
joddle

Post by joddle »

Further to my earlier post I have received a PM from another forum user who has been approached by the same person.s This time he has sent a cheque for a years rent - but if true to form I reckon it will bounce. At least the renter is aware of the scam this time. If anyone else gets any info about this scammer please post it.
surfer girl

Fat Larry

Post by surfer girl »

Thanks Joddle for making me aware of this scam. Have received the years rental in full on a French cheque, posted in Madrid. Just wondering if the police would be interested in this?
joddle

Re: Fat Larry

Post by joddle »

surfer girl wrote:Thanks Joddle for making me aware of this scam. Have received the years rental in full on a French cheque, posted in Madrid. Just wondering if the police would be interested in this?
The problem with this is you have no proof of exactly who sent it - only the name they say and the address they say. It all looks pretty suspicious if its a French cheque posted in Madrid from someone whi is supposed to be in Florida in the USA!

The police may be interested but somehow I doubt it - you should report it to Lupain (again!) and do what you have done -i.e post up your concerns on a web forum such as this one to warn others of this individual.

The ironic thing would be if he turned out to be genuine! - but somehow I doubt it - too many scam types of clue in this one - I certainly don't trust him.
joddle

Post by joddle »

I thought I would look at the address given on the scam -
9645 Fox Hearst Road Tampa Bay - it seem all sorts of operations come out of that that adfddress - google it and see. Seems this might be a scam HQ!
disneyscott

Post by disneyscott »

Seems i was "scammed" also. Just received a cheque for 1 month in May. Won´t do anything with it and will ignore future emails..
Strange kind of scam... giving money to people...?? How does that work????
joddle

Post by joddle »

disneyscott wrote:Seems i was "scammed" also. Just received a cheque for 1 month in May. Won´t do anything with it and will ignore future emails..
Strange kind of scam... giving money to people...?? How does that work????
From what I understand you present the cheque to your bank who then show it on your account (unless they are really clever and wait for funds to clear) then the sender "cancels" the cheque so the money disappears from your account again - in the meantime he says he has cancelled his trip and askes you to return his money (less a little for the inconveniance which you find a nice touch) - but then after a few weeks your account is suddenly minus the cheque and also the amount you returned to him.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Not quite, but close, You receive the cheque it will be for far more than the rent that's due, the cheque will be from a third party who apparently owes your guy money ( it will be a stolen or forged cheque ) You cash it, It takes about a week for the bank to work out its dud, but shows on your account as a deposit then he will start to hassle you for the balance to be sent back to him via Money gram or Western Union, ie cash, and none traceable.
Cheers
PC
surfer girl

Fat Larry

Post by surfer girl »

Just had another phone call from Larry asking in a very gruff and quite rude (possibly Nigerian) voice if I had received the cheque. Told him not to contact me anymore and put the phone down. I googled the address in Tampa and the house looks very respectable, in a nice neighbourhood.These people are obviously in Spain though judging by the timing of e-mails and phone calls. Also the cheque I received was sent from Madrid.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Yup - it looks like a nice area but when I googled the address I got this (amongst other things)

Florida Profit Corporation
PSYCHOLOGY CENTER OF TAMPA BAY, INC.

Perhaps not just a private house then !

He was very rude in the emails he sent me - you are better off well out of it...
hatfield

Larry Ellison/Fat Larry

Post by hatfield »

Hi there! I am new to this site - what a great find! Just thought I'd share that I too have heard from Mr Larry Ellison - what a pain in the ass he is! Not only did I receive the same emails as shown here but Mr Ellison also rang me two or three times - once saying he was in Wales!! However,once I had read about your experience, I just told him I was NOT going to correspond with him any more as he was a SCAM!! Strangely, I haven't heard from him since!! Thanks for confirming my gut feelings about this man! He's bad news!
Thanks again.