And is this yet another???

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
joddle

And is this yet another???

Post by joddle »

I received an oddly worded request last week which I turned down due to the numbers of people in the proposed party - a few days later I have been contacted by the same people but now with a different size of party and different dates for visit - but using exctly the same odd wording.

I have checked with SH and Claus has informed me they have sent 10 other enquirys of the same nature but no one else is reporting it as suspicious. However I am no so sure. Why on earth are they adding information about their passports? - especially as the email originates in Spain anyway!!!!

Has anyone else had this? I am not intending to reply this time as it does not feel right or if I do it well be a refusal.

A copy of one of the queries is below.

Contact information:
Name: leticia

Travel dates:
Arrival: 18 June 2010
Departure: 20 June 2010

People in party:
Adults: 4
Children: 1
Infants: 1

Enquiry:
cuanto tendria que pagar y que documentacion tengo que aportar y si puedo recervarlo y cuanto tengo que pagar de todo y hablo español y tengo pasaporte
Beachcomber

Post by Beachcomber »

The phrasing in Spanish seems a bit strange and has a couple of spelling mistakes, very rare in Spanish as a word is always spelt as it sounds, not like English.
Lagartija
wine improves with age - the older I get the more I like it.
www.formenteraapartment.com
www.formentera-villa.com
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I don't think the spelling is necessarily poor enough to indicate a scam, especially as she does not say she IS Spanish but that she speaks it. I get lots of badly spelled enquiries from Spanish people and poor grammar too.

However I would definitely be worried that the number in the party changed when you told them there were too many of them and on those grounds I might be inclined not to proceed, or at least to challenge her to clarify.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com