from homelidays

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Musetta

from homelidays

Post by Musetta »

Do you think this is fishy?
It's from Homelidays, so the first part is the standard form part I get with most of them ("I would like to reserve your accommodation. How do I proceed? Can you confirm the price and the availability ?")

Informations sur le séjour :
Séjour souhaité : du 11/06/2010 au 30/06/2010 pour 4 adulte(s) - 0 enfant(s)
Message complémentaire :

I would like to reserve your accommodation. How do I proceed?
Can you confirm the price and the availability ?
Dear Sir/Madam
Please do let us know if you have availability in your place at our estimated time as we have clients willing to take this place for the period. We wait for your response to proceed this booking.
Best Regards.
Mrs. xxx

The entire period wasn't available, so I emailed back and now:
"Thanks for your mail,12 may till 22 june please do calculator the total cost of this home for the whole available nights we have requested for will be including all,this is for us to be sure before proceeding with this booking.because the date available are ok with my clients
Thanks for your understanding.
Mrs xxx"

Usually any reference to "clients" makes me suspicious...but I'm unsure about the rest since I think it could be just a non-native English speaker. (but email address was yahoo. country code is 41-Switzerland)

Anyone get a similar one?

Opinions?
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Personally I would not take this enquiry any further, it's too like many of the scam e-mails I've had over the past 3 yrs. I'm afraid i take the line, 'if in doubt delete it' If they are genuine they will enquire whether you got their e-mail and resend. I certainly would if I had picked a place to stay and e-mailed them. (None have so far! )
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I think it's a scam....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I do too now...reread and the second dates she asked for aren't even the ones I told her we were available! (and I do not do lets of over one month even if they were)

so...everyone be on the lookout for "Mrs. Maria Martinez"
SpainVilla

Post by SpainVilla »

I also received a fake inquiry from the homelidays team again with a California based gmail address and with an i.p address that tracks to Paris. The mobile number provided goes directly to voice mail. I got this inquiry within two days of registering my property. In addition the dates requested were marked as not available on my calendar. The inquiry came from Sophie Azencot.

I have spoken to Homlidays about the problem and will post thier reply here as soon as I have it.

Informations sur le séjour :
Séjour souhaité : du 01/08/2010 au 15/08/2010 pour 4 adulte(s) - 4 enfant(s) (1 an, 3 ans, 5 ans, 8 ans)

Message complémentaire :
Je souhaite réserver votre location. Comment procéder ?
Pouvez-vous me confirmer le prix et la disponibilité ?
Dear Sir,
could you tell us please if you still have availabilities in August.
Many thanks in advance.
Regards,