Spamarrest

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Dotty

Spamarrest

Post by Dotty »

I've not come across this before - has anyone else? Is it OK or some sort of phishing?

I had an enquiry through my website for dates already booked, and sent a polite reply saying they weren't available. I've immediately had a reply back, headed spamarrest (I've removed name & email ad):

Hi, Xxxxxx from Xxxxxxxxx.xx here - I need to make sure you are a human being and not a spam alien, so please click on the link to confirm

Thanks
Xxxxxx

Please click the link below to complete the verification process.
You have to do this only once.

(I've removed the link too)

You are receiving this message in response to your email to Xxxxxx, a Spam Arrest customer.

Spam Arrest requests that senders verify themselves before their email is delivered.

When you click the above link, you will be taken to a page with a graphic on it. Simply read the word in the graphic, type it into the form, and you're verified.

You have to do this only once per Spam Arrest customer.

------------------------------------------------------------
Below are the complete headers of the message that this email was generated in response to.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I've done some googling now and have decided not to click on the verification link for spamarrest.

Interesting link here
www.linkedin.com/answers/law-legal/corp ... 979-191770
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

If i'm reading it right, this appears to be the on line equivalent of the opt out system we have here for unsolicited junk mail and telephone calls. I'm not sure that the penalties are for sending junk mail or cold calling people who have opted out but i think there are some. Anyone know?

Must go i;ve got an important enquiry to attend to from 4 newly ordained priests from Greece. :D I must say I'm surprised they can afford to travel on holiday with the way things are in Greece :D :D :D