David Bruce

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
joddle

David Bruce

Post by joddle »

On the face of it this looks normal - and maybe I am getting too touchy about some of the enquiries but the guy first asked for 7-14th August but I wrote back saying we were booked for most of that period - almost by return I got another reply asking for 22-28 August instead. Perhaps nothing too odd about that but what makes the little hairs stand up a bit is that he wants to make immediate payment to secure the booking despite haveing informaiton about how my booking system works ie deposit followed by bank to bank transfer of full payment ie no moneygrams cheques or other "scam tools" etc.

I Googled his name and rather alarmngly there are many David Bruce scammers BUT it is a common name and so I don't know for sure this guy is one of those. His IP seems to be from Denmark. Anone else heard from him? he has a yahoo email.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Well - having sent Mr Bruce a list of T&Cs (which include the need to pay a deposit by bank transfer and later the rent by bank transfer) not another word - Seems odd! he was SO keen to give the rent in advance and reserve the flat and also to even change his travel dates to suit my availability!! - and now nothing. Maybe the words "no cheques or money orders" put him off! and perhaps my old gut instinct about a bad 'un is stlll working well!
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

I bet thats right. Keep up your guard that's what I say :D