General enquiry- beware!!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

General enquiry- beware!!

Post by annafern »

An enquiry came in on a contact form from my website and i suspect the general intention was some sort of scam.

General enquiry but wording odd!

'Kindly let me know if your apartment Cottage is still available for rent'

Name is Jeff Morris and guess what, when i tracked back to my web stats the enquiry came from a general cottage rental websites but the location of the emailer was Nigeria

If you get an enquiry- don't respond. I figured he/it was trying to find out my email for starters as its not shown on my website.

Could be over cautious but i was a little suspicious.

Anna :shock:
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
joddle

Post by joddle »

I often get oddly worded requests - most of which seem to be simpy bad transations via the google or microsoft on-line translators. However I now alway check the source and if from Africa or Tampla Florida I simply do not reply. All the others which I have responded to seem genuine and many bookngs have actually resulted. You can't always go from the words alone - but sometimes they (the words) in themselves do provide a good warning - and checkng the email sources often proves you need to be careful.