Fraudulent booking attempt? In French.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Caroline

Fraudulent booking attempt? In French.

Post by Caroline »

I got this email today after a string of emails that looked almost normal so for the first time I was taken in. not by this one though! so just be warned they are getting better at wasting our time!! She even started by writing in French, but asked if I could reply in English!

Good Afternoon Mme Clapham Brown,

How is your day going?I have received the information you sent and will proceed to send you the Check.Payment will be delivered to your address 5 days from now according to the courier service.

However, the Check you will receive is worth 2450 Euros.All I want you to do when you receive the Check is to deduct your money for the rental which is 495 Euros and send the remainder to my Travel agent who will take care of my travel itineraries.The rest of the fund should be sent to my Travel Agent via western union the same day you receive the payment so that he can make arrangements as soon as possible.

**I will need your immediate response via email assuring me that I can trust you to handle this with care and have the remaining fund returned appropriately as requested.

Thank you

Mrs Kimberly Cardona

This was the address she gave in an earlier email to me:-

Bonjour,
I have read you message and I am OK with the rental price and arrangements.As for payment,I will send an French Bank Check which you will receive 3 working days from now.The amount will be for the total cost of my stay in your accommodation.If you are in agreement,I will need the following details to mail it to you.
1.Name:
2.Address:
3.Phone number of the recipient:

here is my contact info:
23 Hazaelebourne rd
Clapham South
London
sw195ns
+447700022863

I hope to hear from you soon.
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Gosh, that's a busy address. Just as well it's being converted into two flats. Shame the Cardonas and Martyns can't tie in the road name with a matching post code though. :wink:

http://tinyurl.com/lambeth-planning-appln

Cross-reference with:
viewtopic.php?t=12893&start=0
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Nice one!! I didn't bother to check the address against the post code. Suppose I should have done though, especially as I know south London quite well. I will bare it in mind for future time wasters. As if we didn't all have enough to do without having to watch our backs all the time!!!!! :wink:
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

i'm getting so pi***d off with these now. I think I've had 4 in the past 2 days the latest one supposedly from a Pentecostal church in Hackney. If only there was a way of blocking them