Here's a good one!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Zorro

Here's a good one!

Post by Zorro »

just received this:

Good day,
I want to make a reservation for 3 adults from 1st to 15th of
October.2010.Please get back to me with your availability.
Please confirm and write me back.
Thanks,
Owen Holmes

And being in a devilish sort of mood, I replied with this:

-yes we have availability for those dates-

Not expecting a reply, of course, to such an in depth response...

Seconds later, this arrived:

Good day,
Thanks for your detailed reply.I am happy to hear you can accommodate us and we have chosen your accommodation.Please do tabulate/write down the total cost of the
accommodation for 3 adults and Get back to me immediately with the total cost so we can discuss on payment arrangement.Thanks and God Bless you.
Regards,
Owen Holmes.
277-78 Uni Complex,
Gower St, London WC1E 6HJ.

I'm tempted to follow it through and try to trap the bugger! :twisted:
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

These kinds of emails are commonplace, Zorro. Probably best ignored IMHO.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Richard D

Post by Richard D »

What gets me is why they never use common language - all those odd terms that immediatly identify a scam like the "Good Day" and the rude tone of the text contradicted with nonsense like "God Bless You". I could do a much better job. Perhaps I should create a website selling "100%" convincing scam rental enquiries - $1 each :twisted:
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

kendalcottages wrote:These kinds of emails are commonplace, Zorro. Probably best ignored IMHO.
Yeah, I realise they are commonplace. I just wasn't expecting a reply!
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

A very 'detailed reply'!!!! God knows what he thinks you would have written if you were trying to be really thorough! :D :D
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

barbersdrove wrote:A very 'detailed reply'!!!! God knows what he thinks you would have written if you were trying to be really thorough! :D :D
At least somebody has picked up on the bit that really amused me! :lol:
KostasPapahadjis

Post by KostasPapahadjis »

Zorro wrote:
barbersdrove wrote:A very 'detailed reply'!!!! God knows what he thinks you would have written if you were trying to be really thorough! :D :D
At least somebody has picked up on the bit that really amused me! :lol:
The scammers are into Auto-responders now...I wonder what would have happened if you were answering: 'No we are packed solid, thanks for your enquiry". Get the same reply I suppose. I never get scams in my listings! But when I initially made the mistake to list one of my properties in 'alwaysonvacation' two years ago, the first mail I got was something like: 'Hello Dear' kind of stuff, which I found hillarious! I can never understand what they expect to gain from throwing those mails to people!
santamaria

Post by santamaria »

I thought I would check to seE if this had come up under scam emails and here it was.

SNAP got this today after replying to an enquiry.

Good day,
Thanks for your detailed reply.I am happy to hear you can accommodate us and we have chosen your accommodation.Please do tabulate/write down the total cost of the
accommodation for 3 adults and Get back to me immediately with the total cost so we can discuss on payment arrangement.Thanks and God Bless you.
Regards,
Owen Holmes.
277-78 Uni Complex,
Gower St, London WC1E 6HJ.
Stay Happy and Keep Smiling