adur travel tours

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
pete

adur travel tours

Post by pete »

from Adur Travel Tours <addurtravelstours@yahoo.co.uk>
reply-to addurtraveltours@yahoo.co.uk
to me
date 27 August 2010 23:37
subject Accommodation Booking
hide details 23:37 (7 hours ago)
Booking Inquiry

Good Day Dear

I am Mr. Lawrence from the Adur Travel & Tours,UK. I want to inquire for accommodations in your facility. I want to book reservation for a vacation organized by our group of medical experts that will commence on October 20th 2010 and end on the 30th October 2010

CHECK IN DATE 20th October 2010. CHECK OUT DATE 30th October 2010.

I will like you to provide accommodation for us for the period of our stay. About six rooms will be needed. Please send me your rates for both single and double rooms so that reservation will be made immediately.

I hope you accept Credit Card Payments? Get back to me if only you accept Credit Card Payment so that we can proceed with the booking.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Lawrence Alan

Adur Travel & Tours
# 334 Goring Road, Goring-by-Sea,
Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 4PD UK
Phone: +44 702 401 3986
Email: addurtraveltours@yahoo.co.uk
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

The Adur is a river, and the name of a district, in West Sussex, so at least Mr Lawrence has done a bit of research.
But if he lives anyway near there, I'm a Nigerian. :roll:
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Google street view shows a travel agent - Bath Travel - at this address. Both Bath Travel & Adur Travel show up on Google in several local business directory listingswith that address - but not with that phone number.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Phone numbers in the UK starting 0702 are known as "platform numbers"; they redirect to another number which could, of course, be anywhere in the world. They do have a legitimate use, but in this case that is 100% unlikely!

edited to add - I believe the same is true of 0703 and 0704, maybe others.
pete

Post by pete »

when I googled them I got a mixture of phones and addresses that did not match, I dont have google street view but as a company of that name its not listed,
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Would this be a stolen credit card scam and if so how would the originator profit from a sale at a VR with a stolen card and not staying until Oct 20th.

I understand if they make a purchase and receive the goods immediately but I would think they wont be staying there so the authorities can find them

I know all about the overpayments with checks etc etc
Kate
USA