Standard stuff but should be aware they still try!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Holiday Golfer

Standard stuff but should be aware they still try!

Post by Holiday Golfer »

PackYourClubs.com has just warned all it's advertisers of a scammer calling themselves Mr. Noriana Ottman (and using Yahoo.com account).

Mr Ottman has contacted several owners (with no obvious geographic bias) claiming to be seeking accommodation for 'Christian Conferences' (as you do from golf holiday rental owners!).

I know it's an old one and no-one should fall for it but someone must or the scammers wouldn't bother to keep trying.
another golf holiday!
joddle

Post by joddle »

I have a theory about these scammers - I think they have been sold the idea of a way they can make easy cash by another more clever scammer. Our scammers cough up the money then spend fruitless hours pestering us to try to get our money because none of us fall for these – or do we?
Last edited by joddle on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

joddle wrote:...none of us fall for these – or do we?
Send out 2,000 emails, and probably one person will fall for it. Not a bad return on investment :cry:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Holiday Golfer

Post by Holiday Golfer »

The scams we see most involve the scammer offering to send a cheque to cover the rental plus some other 'costs' (maybe an agent, maybe the lecturer etc) and they ask you to pay their 'costs'. What will then happen is that the cheque they gave you will then bounce...
another golf holiday!