SICK OF THIS

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
barbersdrove

SICK OF THIS

Post by barbersdrove »

I am just sick of opening my mail every day to this load of rubbish!! They can't even be original just sending off the same tired old thing. I've just replied to the latest one telling him/her to get lost I was so b***dy angry.

I'm losing my sense of humour over these false bookings. Surely there must be a way of getting back at them!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I'm not sufficiently tech-savvy, but is there a way to reply with an embedded virus?
I wasn't thinking along the lines of a Trojan - more something like that flesh-eating virus of a while ago which they'd catch from the keyboard? :twisted:

Any mega-techies out there who can help?
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

that sounds really satisfying!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Try reporting them via Spamcop to see if this stops it?
http://www.spamcop.net/
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
GoDot

Post by GoDot »

Greenbarn wrote:I'm not sufficiently tech-savvy, but is there a way to reply with an embedded virus?
I wasn't thinking along the lines of a Trojan - more something like that flesh-eating virus of a while ago which they'd catch from the keyboard? :twisted:

Any mega-techies out there who can help?
I used to do this years ago (nothing malicious) but most large email providers have now incorporated a virus scanner.

Everytime someone moved the mouse or used the touchpad, the cd-drive would open or close, depending on how the mouse was moved. It made it impossible to use a computer without the tray constantly whirring.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

GoDot wrote:
I used to do this years ago (nothing malicious) but most large email providers have now incorporated a virus scanner.

Everytime someone moved the mouse or used the touchpad, the cd-drive would open or close, depending on how the mouse was moved. It made it impossible to use a computer without the tray constantly whirring.
Sounds suitably irritating! :lol:
Now what about the flesh-eating virus......? I'm not so much interested in the idea of disabling their computers, more in them contracting something really, really nasty with a very long stay in hospital. Fancy a challenge?

Here's my first candidate - such a pathetic attempt on so many counts that he doesn't even merit his own thread! (Although he does sound suspiciously familiar.......)

Subject: ROOM ENQUIRY
Date: 16 September 2010 17:47:52 GMT+01:00
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
Reply-To: engr.davidjames@gmail.com

Hello,
I am David James from UK and i will like to know if you have single/double room reservations for a family of six all adults.I will like to know if you accept visa/mastercard credit cards.Please if the rooms are available from the 10th-20th of october.Please let me know the total cost of single rooms for the 6 delegates.I await your reply.Thanks.
Regards,
Mr David

Well Mr David, if you're from the UK you'll know that Engr. isn't a title used here (try Germany or Holland for a start), and that nobody signs off as "Mr David" - unless of course your name is James David, and not David James. Fercrissake make some effort with choosing names - even the choice of Ford Prefect in Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy was more convincing, even if it was based on the same theory.